The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Conid Bulkfiller Black Design By Fountainbel

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 19:31

CONID has launched its second Bulkfiller, based on the same design as the Demonstrator. This time it's a remarkable black, streamlined pen which is also available as a flat top.

More high resolution fact sheets to come. Comments are most welcome. - JG

Posted Image
The light you see at the end of the tunnel is that of a fast approaching train.

Sponsored Content

#2 rvthof

rvthof

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 21:34

What a beautiful pen. I think I prefer a flattop.
But I can't find these on the Conidpen website. Is the website not updated yet or do I miss something?

#3 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 23:06

There is a flattop in the same range.

Pictures are here: http://www.fountainp...ost__p__2466861

Yeah, I don't know about their website...

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#4 Lszuk

Lszuk

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2013 - 23:45

But I can't find these on the Conidpen website. Is the website not updated yet or do I miss something?

I too am interested in the pens available, but on the web site there is only mention of a demonstrator. Was the black version purchased directly from conid pens?

#5 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 00:32

I too am interested in the pens available, but on the web site there is only mention of a demonstrator. Was the black version purchased directly from conid pens?

Yes, I bought it directly from Conid. Just mail Werner [at] comec [dot] be and he'll set you up. And yes, you're right: the black one is launched just recently, that's why it's not on the website yet.

Tip: if you like flex ask for a titanium nib, if not go for the steel nib. And if you have some money to burn: I heard Werner has some rhodinated gold nibs from Peter Bock.

#6 Lszuk

Lszuk

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 15:23

Yes, I bought it directly from Conid. Just mail Werner [at] comec [dot] be and he'll set you up. And yes, you're right: the black one is launched just recently, that's why it's not on the website yet.

Tip: if you like flex ask for a titanium nib, if not go for the steel nib. And if you have some money to burn: I heard Werner has some rhodinated gold nibs from Peter Bock.

Thanks so much. I'll contact Werner directly. What size is the black streamlined? Similar to a MB 146, or larger (149)?

#7 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• 14,167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:48

The streamlined version is about the same length as my Visconti Homo Sapiens, but not as fat.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#8 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:07

About the same as a 146, but a little longer I think.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#9 Lszuk

Lszuk

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2013 - 23:12

About the same as a 146, but a little longer I think.

Thank you. Very tempting.

#10 Inkdependence

Inkdependence

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:41

That's a great looking pen. Way out of my range, but it's great looking.
My Blog: Inkdependence!

#11 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:33

My mistake: it's werner [at] komec [dot] be -> komec with 'k' not a 'c'.

#12 Lszuk

Lszuk

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 17:06

Thanks for the link. Also, are you able to post the cap on the pen? Do you know if the weight of the pen is more substantial than the demonstrator? (It seems as though some demonstrators are too light and feel a bit cheap). I love the look of this pen and the nib.

#13 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 19:30

Thanks for the link. Also, are you able to post the cap on the pen? Do you know if the weight of the pen is more substantial than the demonstrator? (It seems as though some demonstrators are too light and feel a bit cheap). I love the look of this pen and the nib.

Hello, the Conid Demonstrator weighs 28 grs. and the streamlined Black Conid weighs 25 grs. I think that's because of the streamlining.The Black Conid is made from the same material as the Demonstrator: titanium and almost indestructible polycarbonate (barrel) plus PMMA (cap). It's a hefty pen, not light at all and certainly doesn't feel cheap. Here is a link to the Conid Demonstrator fact sheet..

The cap fits snugly on top and is firmly held by the two o-rings. I will try to post more pictures, however the pen is in continuous use and I need it to be empty to make the photos, so that will take a while.

Edited by jgysenbergs, 21 January 2013 - 19:34.

#14 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 20:03

Yes - the cap posts perfectly. That is part of the design. :)

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#15 Lemon328i

Lemon328i

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:43

Hello, the Conid Demonstrator weighs 28 grs. and the streamlined Black Conid weighs 25 grs. I think that's because of the streamlining.The Black Conid is made from the same material as the Demonstrator: titanium and almost indestructible polycarbonate (barrel) plus PMMA (cap). It's a hefty pen, not light at all and certainly doesn't feel cheap. Here is a link to the Conid Demonstrator fact sheet..

The cap fits snugly on top and is firmly held by the two o-rings. I will try to post more pictures, however the pen is in continuous use and I need it to be empty to make the photos, so that will take a while.

Just checking, but my streamlined black Conid/ Fountainbel pen is made of Delrin (polyoxymethylene) cap + body and titanium fittings. FYI for those of you who find the nib too wet, Werner and Francis also offer an unmodified feed to reduce the flow.

#16 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:18

Just checking, but my streamlined black Conid/ Fountainbel pen is made of Delrin (polyoxymethylene) cap + body and titanium fittings. FYI for those of you who find the nib too wet, Werner and Francis also offer an unmodified feed to reduce the flow.

Thanks for clarifying. Most welcome! I must have presumed, the Black one is made from the same material as the Demonstrator. Now we know and I'm happy - according to this Wikipedia entry - that the FDA approved Delrin for use in the food industry, so we can safely stir our morning brew with a Conid while waiting for inspiration.

On reducing the flow: mine was on the verge of creeping but ink flow decreased after a while to stabilise just fine (fairly wet).

#17 jsvensson

jsvensson

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:36

Thanks for clarifying. Most welcome! I must have presumed, the Black one is made from the same material as the Demonstrator. Now we know and I'm happy - according to this Wikipedia entry - that the FDA approved Delrin for use in the food industry, so we can safely stir our morning brew with a Conid while waiting for inspiration.

On reducing the flow: mine was on the verge of creeping but ink flow decreased after a while to stabilise just fine (fairly wet).

So, if I understand correct - the Demonstrator is also made of Delrin?

#18 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:51

I recall reading that Conid used Polycarbonate for the demonstrators?

#19 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:21

Yes, indeed. When I bought the pen, Werner told me the Demonstrator is made of the materials mentioned in the fact sheet. However, I'm not sure anymore if I recall our conversation accurately. Maybe Werner or Francis can enlighten us. Anyway, both pens are made of some indestructible synthetic, very pleasing to the eye and to the touch. The Black one feels a bit warmer due to the matte surface.

I fixed a large Sailor 21k H-F nib on the Black Streamlined. A two minute job and now the Conid is the smoothest and fastest writer in the world, at least in this part.

#20 jsvensson

jsvensson

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:32

Delrin is a homopolymer and a polymer is a type of polycarbonat (as far as my basic chem knowledge....which is not much...)

Sponsored Content

|