Newly Formed Atlanta Pen Posse!

Harlequin

I am liking this idea!

3pm will work for me... I would like to suggest a restaurant for our first team meeting haha...

I've attended a couple watch get togethers, and we usually just pick a restaurant... Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlequin

• tomgartin

• Seiry

• invisiblehats

Well, although its not an overly nice restaurant, the Varsity does fit the fundamental description, lol. It's big enough for us to linger for hours as well, without bothering a waitperson, which is a nice thing (for both them and us).

So, we have 1:30, 2, and 3 on the table? Any other time preferences?Also, GTD, remind me to talk about watches with you while we're there!

Edited by Harlequin

Where's the green-eyed emoticon when you need one?

ATL is my favourite town and a pen posse there would just be

the cherry on top! Take pics harles....for virtuosity's sake.

We're having a posse on that Sat, the 26th in Little Rock around 3.

You guys need some vials for ink exchange? I have a few I can send

you right quick....You'll also need a syringe or two for neatness sake, eh?

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

I just had a baby on the 5th, so I won't make this meeting, but I'll try and come in the future. I live almost in Athens, but I work in DeKalb, so I'm used to the trip. :)

"Wer schweigt, stimmt zu."

Where's the green-eyed emoticon when you need one?

ATL is my favourite town and a pen posse there would just be

the cherry on top! Take pics harles....for virtuosity's sake.

We're having a posse on that Sat, the 26th in Little Rock around 3.

You guys need some vials for ink exchange? I have a few I can send

you right quick....You'll also need a syringe or two for neatness sake, eh?

Bex, I know that there will be a number of people interested in ink exchanges, so i you have any vials you can spare it would really help! Ditto on the syringes if you have some you can likewise get along without ^_^. Thanks so much, Bex, you're the best ^_^!

And Marne, congratulations again on the new addition!

I just had a baby on the 5th, so I won't make this meeting, but I'll try and come in the future. I live almost in Athens, but I work in DeKalb, so I'm used to the trip. :)

It's too bad we can't see you this time around, but congratulations on the baby!

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

That's what it seems to be shaping up to, yeah. I would like everyone though to keep posting until tomorrow night or Saturday, at the latest. When I get back in Saturday night (EST), I'll go ahead and make the "official" time and date announcement, so people can plan accordingly.

Edited by Harlequin

Wish I had seen this before the meeting today. I would have brought some inks to share. Interested in anything in particular?

Well, MARTA access is important for me, or I wouldn't be able to come.

Also, would anyone be interested in an ink exchange? I'd love a chance to try other inks, and I have my own to offer in return.

Not all who wander are lost.

Wish I had seen this before the meeting today. I would have brought some inks to share. Interested in anything in particular?

Hm, I don't really have an interest in anything particular? I've been exposed to relatively few inks as it is. My favorite color is purple, but I'll gladly try other colors.

I mainly use blues, reds and grays. Happy to share any of those. The Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock red is really nice. Did you see the custom purple Pendleton had at the meeting yesterday?

Hm, I don't really have an interest in anything particular? I've been exposed to relatively few inks as it is. My favorite color is purple, but I'll gladly try other colors.

Not all who wander are lost.

I mainly use blues, reds and grays. Happy to share any of those. The Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock red is really nice. Did you see the custom purple Pendleton had at the meeting yesterday?

I saw the MB Hitchcock yesterday for the first time- that is an ink I want! Now if I could only find a bottle!

I did see that custom purple. It was a great color.

I liked the reds and grays I've tried, though granted, I've only tried a few reds and just one grey. Haven't really tried blues, besides the one Lamy Blue cartridge that I got with my Vista.

A Pen Posse at The Varisty.

Oh heck yeah!

WHAT'LL YA HAVE??!!

A couple a dawgs, some rangs and a frosted orange are good for what ails ya.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I saw the MB Hitchcock yesterday for the first time- that is an ink I want! Now if I could only find a bottle!

If you can't find any let me know. I think I can part with a bottle. wink.gif

John

I am going to be looking all this week, I'll let you know on Sunday (I do hope you are planning on attending?).

Speaking of that, I think we can make it official that the first meeting of the ITP Atlanta Pen Posse will take place this coming Sunday, January 27th, at 2 pm. We will be meeting at The Varsity on North Avenue.

I think it would help us get a handle on things, seeing as how it's our first meeting, if the people that plan to attend will post here or send me a PM. That way at least I'll know how many to expect. Also, if you have any ideas (such as the ink swap that InvisibleHats and Greycro mentioned), please don't hesitate to mention them as well!

I hope everyone is looking forward to our first meeting as much as I am!

Tomgartin, I would love it if you could bring along some of your pen maintenance supplies and talk for a few minutes about smoothing or reshaping a nib (just saw a post you made about liturgical research paper avoidance and turning a medium nib into an italic nib, lol!)? I know of at least two people planning on attending that would be rather interested.

Tomgartin, I would love it if you could bring along some of your pen maintenance supplies and talk for a few minutes about smoothing or reshaping a nib (just saw a post you made about liturgical research paper avoidance and turning a medium nib into an italic nib, lol!)? I know of at least two people planning on attending that would be rather interested.

You got it, boss. thumbup.gif

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)