Newly Formed Atlanta Pen Posse!

Harlequin

OK, after much backchannel back and forth, plans for the first meeting of the ITP Atlanta Pen Posse have become strong enough to announce the date of the first meeting- the last Sunday of January, the 27th. Although the location is still TBD and the time as well (although, probably likely to be early afternoon like 1:30 or 2), those details are currently being discussed.

I do just want to make sure that if anyone was under the impression that forming this group was an attempt at being antagonistic to the current N. Georgia Pen Posse group, I can assure you it most definitely is not. This group is designed to be closer to those of us that live just a little too far to make the other group's meetings.

So, please post if you'd like to help us decide on the location and time, and all the other details!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harlequin

• tomgartin

• Seiry

• invisiblehats

Thanks for getting this ball rolling, Harlequin.

2pm should work for me. If we're concerned about MARTA access, I like the idea of meeting near Decatur Square at Twain's or Java Monkey. Yes, I'm biased because I don't take MARTA and it's easy to find parking near the square, which is conveniently on my side of town. vbg.gif

Of course I'm open to other suggestions. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

Well, MARTA access is important for me, or I wouldn't be able to come.

Also, would anyone be interested in an ink exchange? I'd love a chance to try other inks, and I have my own to offer in return.

Are there more MARTA-convenient locations for groups of casual pen geeks? I know there must be more than what I suggested, but I've had my nose stuck in too many books to explore the city very much.

- - -

Currently trying to sell a Pelikan M400 White Tortoise. PM if you're interested. :)

I personally don't see why an ink exchange wouldn't be entirely possible. I definitely plan to have ink samples with me, as well as a good selection fo the pens I currently have (which, unfortunately, isn't many, lol). But if anyone wants to do an actual exchange, I figure just bring the ones you'd like to trade and see if anyone else is interested.

To clarify, I meant an ink sample exchange specifically. I'd really like to get a feel of the interest for it, since it would probably mean I'd have to order ink vials.

Also, I've only been in Atlanta for a few months, and most of the time here I've spent on campus or near campus. I don't really have a clue as to where MARTA goes besides the airport, so I can't really suggest any other locations.

(Unless you want to meet at Tech Square, I guess, since there's a Tech Trolley that will take you from the Midtown station to the square.)

I know how to get to Tech, but I'll have to seek advice for parking. What's a good spot to meet there?

Parking at the GA Tech Hotel. There's a Starbucks in the GA Tech Bookstore across the street. Also, seating areas in the lobby of the Hotel.

John

Oh, I know exactly where that Starbucks is. I'll probably park at my church since it's just a couple blocks away.

So do we have a plan? Sunday, 1/27, at 2pm. Starbucks on Spring & 5th in midtown?

- - -

I was thinking about suggesting someplace like the Varsity, but I don't know the viability of that. They definitely have the room, but the atmosphere may not be the best. Maybe there is a B&N or other book store with a cafe kind of set up in midtown, not too far from MARTA?

EDIT: Two more replies in the same amount of time it took me to type mine!

Edited by Harlequin

The GT bookstore Starbucks is about 3 blocks from the North Ave MARTA station.

The Varsity would also be a good location--about 2 blocks from the same station--with lots of parking and space inside.

- - -

I was thinking of the expanded tining room in the Varsity, but then I remembered they also have several that are almost like their own rooms. So, let's narrow it down to those two shall we? Unless someone has a strong affinity for another place, let's decide between the Varsity and the GT Starbucks.

Varsity gets my vote.

My rationale: It's better lighting to see the pens, more space so we won't be crowded, and if it isn't too busy it should be quieter than Starbucks. Also, I think the parking and transit situation is more convenient for everyone.

- - -

Hey guys,

Just wanted to touch base in this thread. Not sure I'll actually make it to the show, but I wanted to kind of give a shout to some people fairly close to me. Harlequin sent me an invite, so I appreciate that.

So how goes it, guys and gals?

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

Going well ^_^. I know I've mentioned the chat room already, but several people going to the show are usually in there also. You can meet everyone and maybe we can pull you over to the dark side even more >=) ! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

OK, well, I think we should have the final decision made by Friday night. That way, everyone interested will have a full week to get it on their schedules. Right now, I'm also thinking we should be setting a time... I think 1:30 or 2 is the best option, what do y'all think?