My Complete Fp Collection

BikerBabeDK

Hi everyone.

After I got the new macro lens for my birthday, I decided to photograph my entire collection of fountain pens.

So please be prepared for a photo flood; I will post parts 2 and 3 as soon as I've photographed the pens.

I've photographed each pen two times, max 3, and I'll try to write the name and model if known.

If not known, I would very much appreciate any kind of help in finding out the name and model of any of the pens that I do not know the name and model name of. In advance thank you very much.

As you will see, my collection has grown a bit since I first posted a photo of my (then) four or five pens.

I'm lucky enough to live in a country where most people doesn't value fountain pens much, and as such I've been incredibly lucky to be able to find some true bargains at flea markets, thrift shops and antiques shops, plus friends, family members and colleagues have been kind enough to pass their pens onto me as gifts.

This again accounts for the fact that my collection have expanded fairly rapidly and - thank God! :D - also fairly cheaply. ;)

If you like what you see, please feel free to use my images for reference.

Anyway, here goes:

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

Unknown chinese (?) pen.

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

Liberty 214.

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

Faber-Castell: Castello 7.

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

Unknown pen. The text on the nib says: "Iridium point - Germany"

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

Esterbrook - unknown model.

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

Pelikan - Pelikano.

Edited by BikerBabeDK

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BikerBabeDK

• basterma

• Harlequin

• suexilin

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

Unknown pen, text is the company name "Finnpap" - a finnish cardboard factory, so the pen is most likely a company gift.

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

Princess - unknown model. The pen is most likely from a german-speaking country, judging from the text on the nib.

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

Scripto 872.

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

Unknown pen. There's no text anywhere on the pen.

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

Parker Duofold.

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

Lamy Safari.

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

Sheaffer No Nonsense.

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

Sheaffer No Nonsense.

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

Diplomat. Unknown model.

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

Liberty 217.

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

Penol - unknown model.

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Rønnings UG-Pen. ("UG" was an old danish exam grade used in the schools, it's similar to the modern-day "A+".)

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

Unknown pen.

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

Unknown pen.

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

Hero pens.

So...that's it for now. ;)

Here's the second batch, the not-so-pretty ones.

The pens is either working but need cleaning - or they need outright big-time repair.

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

Osmiroid pens.

Top to bottom:

Osmiroid 65

Osmiroid 75

Osmiroid 65.

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

Platignum Silverline.

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

Pelikan - Pelikano.

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

Stratford.

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Sheaffer's.

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

Liberty 47P with Lamy cap. Guess someone messed up the caps somewhere in the history of this pen.

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

Penol pens.

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

Liberty.

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

Benco 60.

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

Liberty.

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

Liberty.

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

Unknown pens. Text on nibs: "Garantiert Qualität".

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

Liberty pens.

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

Sheffield.

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

Regento JETaeroPen.

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

Hoover.

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

Stephens' No 25. (french)

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0126.JPG

Hoover.

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

Tarzan.

DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

Cabinet.

DSC_0131.JPG

DSC_0132.JPG

Unknown pen. Text on nib: "Edelstahl 12 Gleitspitze".

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0134.JPG

Liberty.

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

Jumbo. Text on nib: "Dauerfeder mit iridium spitze" and the number 50 in a tiny circle.

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

Esterbrook. I don't know what the previous owners have done to the poor thing, but looking at that nib *hurts*! Poor pen! :(

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

Liberty.

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

Adam Pen Co. Inc.

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

Postmann 99

537817_10151332689814210_326560049_n.jpg

Parker Urban.

58624_10151332689874210_1763599912_n.jpg

Parker Victory.

409738_10151337722294210_990446845_n.jpg

Cross - 1.

530806_10151337722044210_576240564_n.jpg

Cross - 2.

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

Parker Popular.

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

Parker Student.

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

Pilot V-Pen.

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

Parker 51.

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

Parker? Unknown model.

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

Unknown pen. I think it's from the same factory/company as the wooden fp further up this photo marathon post.

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

Parker 51.

Edited by BikerBabeDK

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

Parker Frontier.

DSC_0183.JPG

DSC_0184.JPG

Matador No 77.

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

Parker Duofold.

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

Miller 612.

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

Geha-boy.

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0192.JPG

Unknown fp. No text on pen.

DSC_0193.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

Parker IM Black CT. The pen that started my fp collection.

DSC_0195.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

Parker 17.

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

Penol. Unknown model.

DSC_0199.JPG

DSC_0200.JPG

Morrison's. Unknown model.

And finally the calligraphy pens:

DSC_0174.JPG

Top: Rotring.

Middle: Rotring.

Bottom: Sheaffer.

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

Osmiroid.

And then there's the dip pens...

DSC_0175.JPG

Silver filigree dip pen.

DSC_0176.JPG

Silver dip pen.

Phew, that was it. :)

Then there's the ink bottles, the ink cartridges, the rocker blotters, the inkwell and all that, but that will have to wait for now.

If you've got any questions about any of the pens, please ask, I'll be happy to help.

Cheers,

Maria.

Edited by BikerBabeDK

I'm lucky enough to live in a country where most people doesn't value fountain pens much, and as such I've been incredibly lucky to be able to find some true bargains at flea markets, thrift shops and antiques shops, plus friends, family members and colleagues have been kind enough to pass their pens onto me as gifts.

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

Unknown pen. The text on the nib says: "Iridium point - Germany"

Wow! What a collection! Congratulations on your macro lens, and on your collection :) Many nice finds! I know how it feels when you get a pen in an unexpected place, though in my case it is a usually unexpectedly good and cheap Chinese pen.

The wooden pen on your pic, I have absolutely the same, and I also have no idea what it is. It is comfortable for writing though.

Keep shooting, and keep collecting! :thumbup:

Upon seeing at least two of your pens, I can tell you that the Diplomat you have is a Moderns Magnum Soft Touch. I don't know what they call the color though. The Esterbrook you can also get the model of, if you compare the jewels on the cap and barrel (black rubber things)- if the one on the cap is bigger than the one on the barrel, it's a J. If they're the same size, it's either an LJ or SJ. From there, if you look at the space between the lever and the the end of the barrel, and it's about the same length as the lever itself, it's an LJ. If there space is shorter than the length of the lever, it's an SJ (b/c the SJ is a shorter pen). Just fyi. ^_^

Great post. Makes me want to document my whole collection. What struck me was how influential Montblanc has obviously been in european pen design.

Wow! What a collection! Congratulations on your macro lens, and on your collection :) Many nice finds! I know how it feels when you get a pen in an unexpected place, though in my case it is a usually unexpectedly good and cheap Chinese pen.

The wooden pen on your pic, I have absolutely the same, and I also have no idea what it is. It is comfortable for writing though.

Keep shooting, and keep collecting! :thumbup:

Thank you very much, suexilin. :)

Finding good bargains is like getting the treat of the day, I love it when it happens. ;)

If I find out anything about the wooden pen I'll tell you, so that we can at least know what we have. ;)

And thanks, I will. I'm only just getting to know the new lens, there's plenty of hours of fun and experimenting in there. :D

Thanks again

Maria.

Love those Hoover pens! Would be great cleaned up. I've fixed a couple up for other FPNers in the past and they were FANTASTIC little writers.

:)

Thanks, I do plan on getting at least some of the non-working pens fixed, I'd love to see my Hoover pens back "in action."

And I'll have a good look around in here to see what other Hoover owners do with their pens; until I got in here I had never even heard of the brand. Thank God for FPN! ;)

Wow that is quite the collection

Yeah, I must admit that I'm a little amazed myself at the speed with which I've managed to collect this many pens. o.0

Upon seeing at least two of your pens, I can tell you that the Diplomat you have is a Moderns Magnum Soft Touch. I don't know what they call the color though. The Esterbrook you can also get the model of, if you compare the jewels on the cap and barrel (black rubber things)- if the one on the cap is bigger than the one on the barrel, it's a J. If they're the same size, it's either an LJ or SJ. From there, if you look at the space between the lever and the the end of the barrel, and it's about the same length as the lever itself, it's an LJ. If there space is shorter than the length of the lever, it's an SJ (b/c the SJ is a shorter pen). Just fyi. ^_^

Hi Harlequin, and thank you very much for the information on those pens. ;)

*gets the blue Esterbrook*....hmmmm, the jewels are the same size, I think...*measures*...yup, both measures Ø 8 mm.

Okay, on to the lever. *measures lever*...12 mm. Alright.

*measures space*...10 mm.

Guess that makes it an Esterbrook SJ! That's totally cool, thanks! *happy sounds* ;)

And Diplomat info is duly noted, I think I had better put those pens in my fp database right away. ;)

Thank you very much for your help and the info, it's great to find out more about one's pens. :)

Cheers,

Maria.

Great post. Makes me want to document my whole collection. What struck me was how influential Montblanc has obviously been in european pen design.

Thanks, I can recommend documenting one's collection - it's fun and it's practical. ;)

Edited by BikerBabeDK

Osmiroid.

DSC_0175.JPG

Lovely collection and this one is killing.

I would TOTALLY keep that one as a desk pen, situated prominently on my desk at work if possible!

Osmiroid.

DSC_0175.JPG

Lovely collection and this one is killing.

I would TOTALLY keep that one as a desk pen, situated prominently on my desk at work if possible!

Thank you very much guys. ;)

I wouldn't dare to use this pen anywhere else but here at home. ;)

The funny thing is: It was only just barely that I managed to get my hands on that particular pen.

I spotted it in an Antiques shop window close to work in Copenhagen, and I went in and asked the owner of the shop what the price of those two silver dip pens were.

We haggled a bit and I ended up getting both silver dip pens for 500 DKK - that's 89.39 USD.

I paid for the pens and the owner of the shop began wrapping both pens in sturdy wavy cardboard for good and safe transport, when a lady entered the shop looking a bit frantic.

She enquired about the silver filigree pen, and the shop owner had to tell her that it had been sold.

He didn't say anything about it being me who had bought the pen.

I had a hard time keeping a straight face, I *knew* I had gotten a good bargain and that I was darned lucky.

The lady left the shop and the owner and I smiled to each other, and he mentioned that I had been lucky to get the pen.

Yup. And I'm happy about it. ;)

u have many pretty pens. congrats!

Thank you very much, Hanoi. ;)

Edited by BikerBabeDK

nice collection.Effectively a little bit more than 4 or 5 lol

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

nice collection.Effectively a little bit more than 4 or 5 lol

Thanks, and yeah - it sure seems like it. ;) :D