#21 mothy

mothy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 15:56

I know this is an old thread but having recently come across a ream of q connect bank paper I noticed the feel was similar to newsprint possibly even brown paper bags does anyone know whether the 'specially designed surface" contains silica or other abrasive partials to aid in making carbon copies that could potentially damage or wear down nibs at an accelerated rate?

It's lovely paper and behaves amazingly well with ink (id love to use it for my loose leaf journal, midori booklets or filo fax refills) but i am a little apprehensive to use it with my nibs.
I'm paranoid about nib wear to excessive degree though and it may be entirely unfounded

#22 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 20:02

I've notice no adverse effects on any of my nibs with this wonderful paper. Great for refills and I've bought a rotary perforating cutter to give me the 'removable' bits at the end of the notebook.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"
LetterExchange_sm.png

#23 mothy

mothy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 20:29

That's good to hear :-)
It does seem well suited to refills even makes the thin branded sheets seem TOO thick and behaves a thousand times better

#24 Renfield

Renfield

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2014 - 21:50

I've notice no adverse effects on any of my nibs with this wonderful paper. Great for refills and I've bought a rotary perforating cutter to give me the 'removable' bits at the end of the notebook.

I have worked through a 500 sheet ream almost, and as the Captain says, not noticed any issues with nibs. 

HP Lovecraft wrote 100,000 letters and numerous novels with Fountain pens, and he apparently only wore out 5 nibs in his lifetime...... so i think you'd be pretty safe.

Posted Image Posted Image

[Sponsored Content]