• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tm3

• jimhughes

• mmage

• noksagt

Top Posters In This Topic

While I haven't tried them, nice pricing and they look quality!

yes they look pretty good and the price is not a big risk -- would just feel better if they were FPN approved ;)

Haven't seen these before either but as everyone has said they look good and very well priced. Looking forward to some user feedback too.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• 1 year later...

I bought a hidebound bible cover last November which was faulty, have been trying since then to have it replaced. So far I have had contact with three different people at Hidebound, all of whom promised to replace the cover, so far absolutely nothing has happened, if I could find their telephone number I would ring up and try to sort this out. However, there is no contact number on their website.

I would be very careful before doing business with this company.

I ordered a Cahier and Volant Cover from them. Got it in a reasonable time frame, a week or so, IIRC, about a year ago. It suited my needs and use perfectly, and the price was good too. I had no issues. It was of a thickness that is thinner than the Faux Midori covers.

Inkleaf, Davis Leatherworks, Aspie Craft, Zenok Leather, Fenner Crafts, my63, and multiple others on etsy, use the heavier leather. This was not a problem for me as I was looking for a less bulky cover, for dress shirt pocket use. They fit my needs perfectly. I fortunately had none of the issues the previous poster ran into. Usual disclaimers, no affiliation, just a satisfied client. The product is working well a year into my daily use (3 days a week work) and is holding up well. Jim

• 5 months later...

I just purchased a Moleskine Journal cover. It seemed reasonably priced and had PayPal buyer protection. Looking forward to seeing what it actually looks like. Should arrive in a few days, so I will add my review of their product.

Look forward to seeing UR review and what you think about Hidebound. I've ordered 2 or 3 more times from them since my last post.

All quick service, great prices and fast deliver. Jim

• 6 months later...

I was curious if anyone has gotten the holders with a pen loop. I'm interested in knowing about the sizes/style/placement, but haven't yet heard from hidebound directly.

• 2 months later...

yes, yes I did...and would never do it again. Yes, the price was reasonable ($26.40 for a Rhodia #11 notebook cover), but, besides it being of a flimsy cheap leather, it was nothing like the description on their website. When I tried to return for a refund, nothing. As far as I can tell the only way to contact is Email. No address or phone #. They respond but end up doing nothing. I would have gladly spent twice the price if I got a quality product in return.

I would have gladly spent twice the price if I got a quality product in return.

Since Hidebound never replied to me, I bought this and I'm pretty happy with it. It was just about twice as expensive and the pen loop is SUPER narrow (so I just run the pen clip through, instead of running the pen body through. It is pretty thick. But it looks nice and has worn nice.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bunguya/item/rhodia111/

• 1 year later...

I am very annoyed and think they have gone out of business. I ordered a notebook with front and back covers in July, paid 100 dollars and have sent them various emails. They have neither replied nor sent me my material. Be very careful as they might have gone out of business. I will try through the Better Business Bureau. I paid with PayPal and sent them a receipt and to no avail!!!

• 2 weeks later...

bummer to hear.

I loved the prior custom cover I ordered from Hidebound almost 3 years ago to fit the the slightly taller than normal small Leuchtturm1917 Jottbook notebooks (3.5x6") that I use.

Carried it with me everywhere and loved it!! Sadly I lost the cover with notebook inside a couple days ago.

When I went to their website and tried to order a replacement, could not process payment at checkout. My research led me here.

Very disappointing. It's a shame, because I have yet to find any other leather cover makers that offer quite the same custom options that Hidebound did (specifically for me, the outside back right flap pocket and inside left flap pocket with slits to hold facing 3x5 notecards)

any suggestions welcome but I'm coming up empty so far. May end up needing to do a custom job somewhere...

:(

I would look at etsy. a crafter site that has all kinds of hand made items for sale. If you search , for instance, Midori Notebooks or Faux Dori Notebooks, or wallets...you'll find literally 100's of leather craftspeople. I often find a particular item I like the quality of leather and workmanship on and send them a message asking if they'll do a custom, special order for me. Quite a few do. 2 names that come to mind are jpleathercraft, who has a web site. He made custom covers for the NMPCC this year. Another crafter who has been very flexible is Zenokleather. If you have a photo of the lost cover or can make a rough sketch of what you need and send them a sample notebook I the cover

goes on, it'll facilitate the production. That's what I did for the special jobs Jose did for me.

jp@jpleathercraft.com Feel Free to use my name as a reference Web site www.jpleathercraft.com

www.etsy.com/people/zenokleather Feel free to use my name in your correspondence.

Edited by jimhughes

• 2 months later...

I contacted Hidebound via email and expressed my concerns about the negative reviews I found on this forum an several others. They explained that the owner of the company was out for several months due to a medical issue and that the person that was left in charge did not maintain the standards while the owner was away. The owner is now back at work and a new manager is in place. Armed with this information, I took a chance and placed an order with the company for two leather covers. The order was shipped out the very next day. The company is working hard to regain their reputation. I am so glad I took a chance with this company as the covers are gorgeous. I am very pleased.and would not hesitate to order from them again.

• 1 month later...

I bought a hidebound bible cover last November which was faulty, have been trying since then to have it replaced. So far I have had contact with three different people at Hidebound, all of whom promised to replace the cover, so far absolutely nothing has happened, if I could find their telephone number I would ring up and try to sort this out. However, there is no contact number on their website.

I would be very careful before doing business with this company.

I ordered a notebook cover with pouches and sent them 100 dollars over a year ago. Never heard from them. Will be reaching out to PayPal as I payed through them and they have a contract with them. They used to be a company but must have gone under.