The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Parker Nib

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rango

rango

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:22

hello I have just picked up my second Parker this one says Duofold. i am new to fountain pens and real new to Parker. I have tried to take some photos of the nib, it was in bad shape. I have tried to work out some of the kinks but my question is this: some of the tipping is broken off one of the tines, would it be worth sending it to get fixed or just find a replacement and do a stub grind on this one?. I ask because I don't know that much about vintage nibs yet.

before
005.JPG

imprint
012.JPG

tip
006.JPG

after working on it
009.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 OldGriz

OldGriz

I Assimilated The Borg

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:43

It will be less expensive to find a replacement nib than to have this one retipped and repaired....
TomPosted Image
A veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'
That is Honor, and there are way too many people in This country who no longer understand it.

#3 rango

rango

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:22

Thanks OldGriz one more question the 1 stamped on the nib is that a date code like the pen body has or the size?

Sponsored Content

|