FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Just Ordered A Polar Lights M640!
Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:36
Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:54
Would love to hear just how EF that EF is.
Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12
Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:05
"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.
Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:29
Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41
Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:12
Posted 09 January 2013 - 19:00
Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:42
Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:38
It is always exciting waiting for a new pen .
I use a RIM PlayBook and a fountain pen.
Posted 02 February 2013 - 13:53
Mine came with a typically wet Pelikan medium nib. I changed it to a broad ground down to a .9 stub by Richard Binder. This nib is now the perfect match with the pen.
Posted 02 February 2013 - 15:05
I noticed that Penporium sells the Polar Light M640 for $375 and the Special Edition Mount Everest M640 for only $280 (just a few $$ more than I paid for mine). Can anyone explain the difference in pricing for what I believe is essentially the same pen? I know the Polar Lights is a more popular model, does that explain it?
Edited by Shaporama, 02 February 2013 - 15:05.
Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16
Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:59
I should add that I did have a bit of unluck, in that the nib was scratchy. No amount of alignment or polishing seemed to have any effect, so I eventually contacted Abi at Chartpak, and she exchanged the nib for me. The new nib is, as they say, buttery smooth (like all my other Pelikans).
From my pen collection article (see link in signature):
Note that the photo is of the old nib, and although it's hard to tell from this photo, it was kind of oddly shaped, being sort of flattened when viewed from above or below. The new nib is ball shaped, like all my other Pels.
This pen is currently my daily user at work, inked with Pelikan Black (it's been a long time since I liked black ink, and now I do again).
Edited by stefanv, 04 February 2013 - 14:59.
Visit my collection of fountain pen articles at StefanV.com.
A pen from my collection: