#21 iveyman

iveyman

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:34

Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock is very nice but is getting to be "hard to find", as it is of limited production.

#22 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:22

All I can say is WOW! As usual you guys are fantastic, never let me down.

Thanks,

Dave

I think it's Oxblood for me. I'm looking for the "dried blood" color, not the wet red.

You won't be disappointed, it's a dark and wet ink that fits many uses. I have been using it for notes taking, correspondence, and annotations alike.
Everything is impermanent.

#23 CAG_1787

CAG_1787

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 13:59

I think you'll really like Oxblood. I find it a very impressive-looking ink. Enjoy!
“You cultivate the essential virtues: high purpose, intelligence, decency, humility, fear of the Lord, and the passion for freedom.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

#24 Yoda4561

Yoda4561

Foxfire

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:02

Today I inked up my Edison Beaumont with some Noodlers Red Black. I like the color, although I'm not sure I would call it a dried blood color, a little on the brown side. But it is a very well behaved ink, by that I mean it doesn't clog my pen or get sticky vs. the Massachusetts 54th ( I love the color) which is more "thicker/stickier" not as smooth (maybe due to fact that the 54th is a bullet proof ink?). I found the Red Black to feel more lubricating. Still love the color of both these inks.

Dave

There are two broad categories of Noodler's Bulletproof inks, most of them are cellulose reactive and act just like any other ink until they react with the paper fibers, Red Black actually has some cellulose reactive ink in it as the black component and that will remain indefinately on the paper. They also never clog your pen, a bit of tap water is all it takes to flush it out of the pen.

The other is a drying ink, Bad Blue Heron and Kung Te Cheng (and some others, though I've not figured out exact which ones). These tend to be thicker and sticky feeling, and can cause flow issues if not cleaned regularly. Pure water will not dissolve these once they dry, ammonia or other strong detergents are needed (dish soap won't do it either)

#25 CryptoDave

CryptoDave

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:47

Today I inked up my Edison Beaumont with some Noodlers Red Black. I like the color, although I'm not sure I would call it a dried blood color, a little on the brown side. But it is a very well behaved ink, by that I mean it doesn't clog my pen or get sticky vs. the Massachusetts 54th ( I love the color) which is more "thicker/stickier" not as smooth (maybe due to fact that the 54th is a bullet proof ink?). I found the Red Black to feel more lubricating. Still love the color of both these inks.

Dave

There are two broad categories of Noodler's Bulletproof inks, most of them are cellulose reactive and act just like any other ink until they react with the paper fibers, Red Black actually has some cellulose reactive ink in it as the black component and that will remain indefinately on the paper. They also never clog your pen, a bit of tap water is all it takes to flush it out of the pen.

The other is a drying ink, Bad Blue Heron and Kung Te Cheng (and some others, though I've not figured out exact which ones). These tend to be thicker and sticky feeling, and can cause flow issues if not cleaned regularly. Pure water will not dissolve these once they dry, ammonia or other strong detergents are needed (dish soap won't do it either)

Yoda,,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your technical insight, very informative and explains what I have experienced with these two great inks.

Dave

Edited by CryptoDave, 09 January 2013 - 23:47.

[Sponsored Content]