The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Wall Street Le

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RobertJRB

RobertJRB

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2013 - 16:40

Pelikan Wall Street 1995 (2174/4500)

This is the Pelikan Wall Street limited edition pen. It was made in 1995 as a homage to the trading market on wall street in Manhattan New York. Off course this was way before the 2008 crisis.
A total of 4500 pens was made. Single fountain pens, and a combination of fountain pen with a ball point. I think 1900 of the 4500 pens were the combination set, the rest single fountain pens. The pen was named M815.

First Impressions (8/10)
The pen looks really elegant on first look. Its quite standard compared to other LE's but differs enough to let u know it isn't just the regular M800.

Appearance & Design (8/10)
Based on the old style M800, the pen has the gold disc at the bottom, and the old style logo on top giving it a really classic and elegant look.
The pen comes in a acryl box, not really soft at the inside. However I did not find any scratches on the pen.
Trough it has a lot in common with the standard M800 pen, there are some differences. The cap and fillingknob are dark gray. The shaft has the look of marmer and has a really deep look. Hard to describe, but with the right light it looks stunning. I tried to photograph it (see below) but its best seen in person.
On the shaft also a plaque of 24 karat gold is placed.
Despite of the theme, wall street, the pen isn't really a show off.

Weight & Dimensions (9/10)
I think this pen is almost as heavy as any other M800. The only difference being the plaque of gold on the barrel. It weights a total of 29 grams including the cap which I think is a nice weight for a daily user. Like any other pelikan the cap can be posted, personally I don't do that.

Nib & Performance (9/10)
What can I say, Its a Pelikan. The nib is a 18K duotone nib. This was my first medium nib and it made me like medium nibs a lot. It writes really smooth and gives a nice medium line.

Filling System (10/10)
Its a pistonfiller like all other pelikan souverän pens. The mechanism is made of solid brass making it more durable than the plastic one in my m600, m400 and m200‘s. Turning the knob is going really smooth. But this is the case with all pelikans. Like the m800 it holds enough ink for a long time writing. I don’t know how many pages you can write with a full pen, because I fill the pen often.

Cost & Value (8/10)
I brought this pen from penboard.de which I really would advice when buying a pen. I paid about 500 euro for a non used pen including all boxes and papers. I think this is a good price for the pen. About 75 euro more than a regular M800.

Conclusion (Final score 8/10)
Unless u lost a lot of money in 2008, and can't stand wall street any more, I think this is a great pen. It being a limited edition, with the marmer look, gold plaque and old style M800 body, makes it a really nice pen to have. However it can be used as any other M800 without any problem making it best of both worlds for me

Here some pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by RobertJRB, 06 January 2013 - 16:42.

Pelikan nut

Sponsored Content

#2 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 18:55

nice review and pics!
thanks!
Cogito ergo sum

#3 AndyHayes

AndyHayes

Too Many Pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2013 - 22:45

Very good review and pics. I always fancied a Chicago from this series.

#4 RobertJRB

RobertJRB

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2013 - 22:51

Very good review and pics. I always fancied a Chicago from this series.

Thank you.

If u refer to the pelikan Chicago from the cities special edition series. This pen is not part of that serie. Those are special editions based on the M600. This is a limited edition based on the M800.
The chicago indeed looks great.

Edited by RobertJRB, 06 January 2013 - 22:53.

Pelikan nut

#5 esterbex

esterbex

Rightly seasoned

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:02

I just bought one of these from a fellow FPNer that has no gold bar or edition number....the price was too good to pass and it is my first 800.
This one might have been psychic and jumped off the assembly line before it could be marked for life....Posted Image.
God is seldom early, never late, and always on time. ~~Larry Brown

Sponsored Content

|