48 replies to this topic

#41 jdivitto

jdivitto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 23:35

i have a well used matte black metal Rotring 600 that is now shiny black. A plastic pen may hold a matte look for longer, but for a metal barrel, don't expect it to stay dull.

#42 m13a8

m13a8

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 23:43

Pilot Metropolitan
One of the nicest inexpensive pens available. Got mine at Staples (Use the pulldown on the right side of the page to select the Black Barrel).

I just got my Metropolitan in yesterday and I'd have to agree with this. I tacked one on to my last order and couldn't be happier that I did.

#43 chiaroscuro

chiaroscuro

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 14:12

I was going to recommend the Invincia Stylus based on the topic's title, but you're already there. The Monteverde styli (styluses? styli) work wonderfully, I've heard. I wish they'd come out with a smaller version.

#44 Cognaticrotty

Cognaticrotty

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 14:15

I was going to recommend the Invincia Stylus based on the topic's title, but you're already there. The Monteverde styli (styluses? styli) work wonderfully, I've heard. I wish they'd come out with a smaller version.

Just ordered mine yesterday in the matte black, and cannot wait for It to get here.
Signature left blank per new rules...

#45 chiaroscuro

chiaroscuro

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 14:23

Just ordered mine yesterday in the matte black, and cannot wait for It to get here.

Lucky you. :glare: I'm going to have to get a Monteverde Poquito instead, as I'm not a fan of larger pens. (Poquito means "little bit" in Spanish)

#46 jeremy.g58

jeremy.g58

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:45

Pilot Metropolitan
One of the nicest inexpensive pens available. Got mine at Staples (Use the pulldown on the right side of the page to select the Black Barrel).

Well, I have one in the mail now. It will have to tide me over till I am able to spend a little more on something more expensive :P

Good to hear. I will most likely get one in a couple months or so!
I plug things in, I push buttons, and I pick things up and put them down in different places. And when I have a chance I write things down!

#47 Brien Crotty

Brien Crotty

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:10

My favorite matte black pen is a Visconti Homo Sapiens. May be a bit bigger than you're after, but the smoothest writer I've ever tried!

B

#48 bfg

bfg

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:23

Look at #360471779556 on Ebay. This a Japanese Wancher pen that comes in matt black. A dead ringer for a Lamy 2000 but a tiny bit smaller, a steel nib, black metal instead of Makrolon and a cartridge/converter pen. Still, a nice writing pen, great fit and finish and $50. I've bought a lot of pens from this dealer. He's very reliable.

#49 basterma

basterma

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:54

Tombow Object

http://www.tombow.co.../object_05.html

[Sponsored Content]