Parker Im Premium Fountain

PolarMoonman

But why this product was attracted by people? How do you think this brand? First time,I have used duke pen... Do you know this brand?

1) Parker has a lot of history and innovation in all kinds of pen types. With their fountain pens, Parker made great deals in USA and made themselves a name with their luxury and innovative design and some low-priced (but great) pens. That fame managed to go far beyond borders, and countries all over the world could buy in their office supplies stores the Parker products they wanted/needed. Since prices were somehow higher than other brands of similar characteristics, Parker did as well earned a reputation of a elegant and sophisticated pen. (This I place here is the perspective regarding Parker Pens as seen over here).

2) My thoughts? We don't have here a great variety in fountain pens, but for the value, the pens they make are good.

3) Haven't heard much from Duke, but I'm kind of new in this great new world of Fountain Pens.

Greetings,

Guille.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovemy51

• HITY

• PolarMoonman

• rebeltrouser

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of the first FPs I ever bought was a Parker IM Premium in the chiseled gunmetal finish. I bought it in London at Penfriend in their shop on the Strand (which no longer exists. They moved to Fleet Street). The shop had an interesting connection to Parker. It was located in the Bush House Arcade in the shop that was once the Parker Pen Co.'s British headquarters and repair service center (I think in the 1940s and 50s). Bush House was also the location of the BBC World Service broadcasting for over 70 years.

Anywho, I think I paid 15 pounds for it (about $25 at the time). It's a great pen for the money. The finish seems very high quality for the price. I do agree that it's a bit on the heavier side and that it's more comfortable un-posted. The section is great. Most metal sections are smooth and shiny, but this is a brushed metal section that is easier to grip. The nib does have some issues at first. Like the OP stated, it's a modified Vector nib and that it can be a hard starter. If you leave it for a day or two you need to dip it in water or scribble a bit to get it going. That's probably due to the oils used in manufacturing. I should try to use a bit of soap or ammonia.

Edited by Florida Blue

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

Recently ,i found that Parker Pens are popular with people from all over the world ,on different kinds of webs ,i always see the product ‘s sales volume higher than other brand ,i think more and more people

pay attention to this brand . And more and more sellers select this brand to sell .But why this product was attracted by people ?How do you think this brand ?First time ,I have used duke pen ,but now i found this

brand is not famous on FPN .Do you know this brand ?

I enjoy my Dukes very much... find some comments here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/7569-duke-fountain-pens/

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/54933-duke-charlie-chaplin-fountain-pen/

and check some more out with this search engine: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=016372583718073050395%3A1rsitsemrpo&ie=UTF-8&q=honor&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=duke

1) Parker has a lot of history and innovation in all kinds of pen types. With their fountain pens, Parker made great deals in USA and made themselves a name with their luxury and innovative design and some low-priced (but great) pens. That fame managed to go far beyond borders, and countries all over the world could buy in their office supplies stores the Parker products they wanted/needed. Since prices were somehow higher than other brands of similar characteristics, Parker did as well earned a reputation of a elegant and sophisticated pen. (This I place here is the perspective regarding Parker Pens as seen over here).

2) My thoughts? We don't have here a great variety in fountain pens, but for the value, the pens they make are good.

3) Haven't heard much from Duke, but I'm kind of new in this great new world of Fountain Pens.

Greetings,

Guille.

Derar friend oh,thank for introduction about Parker Pen. I think i learn more this brand . And i hope more and more nice and new brand will show on FPN.

I was surprised to find that you have own Charlie Chaplin Duke Pen ,I was attracted by his appearance !!Do you share more pen with me ?

I was surprised to find that you have own Charlie Chaplin Duke Pen ,I was attracted by his appearance !!Do you share more pen with me ?

no, sorry, no Chaplin... i just posted the threads so you can read more comments from our colleagues about Duke pens.

no, sorry, no Chaplin... i just posted the threads so you can read more comments from our colleagues about Duke pens.

John the FPN in order to learn about different kinds of nice pens and their knowledges , When i need ,I will buy it and i can share their with my pen lover .

I have two Parker IMs: one writes beautifully and starts right away, and one is more recalcitrant.

Back in the day (late 60s, early 70s), I went through several Shaeffer cartridge pens, and am now getting back into fountain pens. I'm hoping that the trick of adding some liquid soap to the ink will fix my problem pen.

I have two Parker IMs: one writes beautifully and starts right away, and one is more recalcitrant.

Back in the day (late 60s, early 70s), I went through several Shaeffer cartridge pens, and am now getting back into fountain pens. I'm hoping that the trick of adding some liquid soap to the ink will fix my problem pen.

:W2FPN:

• 3 months later...

Been carrying my IM Premium black matte constantly for a year.

It still writes like new. I get quality lines almost always. Some inks dry but it's the inks, not the pen. It writes in a fairly narrow range of angles, steeper.

The body is no longer black but brass with flakes of brass. It looks like my old peeling 1999 Honda Accord. It looks like a pen nobody would steal.

The body comes unscrewed. Leave it on a desk it comes unscrewed. I'm tempted to wrap tape around it.

It is heavy, but I like it. It is well balanced capped. I would use it to defend myself.

I still carry it in my pocket and love writing with it. Olde Reliable.

Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime IS death. -- George Orwell

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a I.M. from Parker. (brushed GT)

Personally, I think it's a quite nice pen for the money.

Writing is smooth, the design is oke.

So overall a nice pen with good looks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your excellent review of the Parker IM.

A nice thing about the IM is the mounting of the feed/nib, it´s easy to remove these. Just a apply a slight twist and pull.

Remember to soak in water if the pen has been used before this operation.

Been carrying my IM Premium black matte constantly for a year.

...The body is no longer black but brass with flakes of brass. It looks like my old peeling 1999 Honda Accord. It looks like a pen nobody would steal....

Hmm.

That doesn't sound good. I was put off coated pens many years ago when I bought a Parker 25 in matte black. The finish started to bubble at changes in diameter after about a year. I would have expected Parker to have got the problem cured by now, but it sounds as if they are using the same (poorer) technology used by Jinhao in China. What a shame.

Regards,

Richard

I was given a few Parkers by a wonderful gent in the building where I work and one was the gloss black GT I.M. And it writes just as well as any of my 15s or vectors. Then months later I got the brown metallic I.M. Premium as a birthday present which is slowly getting better to use.

The only issue I have with them is the nib on the premium dries out very quickly even when capped. Not a major hassle but can be a pain if I'm out of the office for a couple of days.

• 11 months later...

For any pen that continually unscrews itself (section from the body), there is a product that plumbers use to seal pipe joints (like keeping water from leaking around the base of a shower head). It's called pipe tape. It's very cheap, and you can get it in a plumbing supply shop. If you have a 99-cent, or "Dollar Store" nearby you can usually find a pack of 3 rolls for a dollar! Put as much or as little as it takes around the exposed threads and put the pen back together. I've even saved a Sheaffer Targa with damaged threads with this stuff. It's clean and dry, and you can't even see it after it's installed. Should be in every pen owner's supply drawer!!

They must vary widely from pen to pen as I, too, own two of them. My lower priced non-premium writes flawlessly. My more expensive IM is scratchy and ink starts and stops sporadically even after several cleanings.