The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

C.e. Levi Wood Grain Rubber Nox

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ElykNordneg

ElykNordneg

Montdupont

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 17:01

Hello FPNers!

Today I'll be writing a nice quick review for my recently acquired Woodgrain Rubber Nox. Let me start off by saying that I received a $150 discount for writing this review. Now that I've given that little disclaimer lets jump into it shall we?

Appearance & Design (10)
This pen is certainly unique in design melding both modern and vintage elements together. The rubber resembles that of an old Waterman wood grain or ripple. The pen is equipped with a Shaffer Feather Touch 5 nib which I'll talk about a little later.
http://razzi.me/phot...-976/size/large

Posted Image
Construction & Quality (10)
Cameron's pens start life as a piece of solid rod stock and go through over eighty operations before completion. This makes for an extremely solid end product. It has a very robust feel in the hand which is very nice. This pen feels like something that's meant to be used and not sit inside the display like some of my others. Posted Image
http://razzi.me/phot...x/size/original

Posted Image

Weight & Dimensions (9)
As mentioned above each pen is unique so weight and dimensions can vary slightly. My pen measures 5.2" capped, roughly the same size a Nakaya Piccolo, and 5.1" uncapped. The Nox generally has a weight somewhere between 28-30g.

Nib & Performance (10)
The nib is a medium that was adjusted and smoothed before making its way into my hands. This pen is equipped with a Shaffer Feather Touch 5, one of the standard nibs. If you'd like something different Cameron has plenty of other options available but that will bump the price up slightly.
http://razzi.me/phot...-nox/size/large

Posted Image

Filling System & Maintenance (8)
This pen employs a button filling system to suck up ink. This is my first button filler so I'm still learning how to properly use it Posted Image. I actually did some research before filling it though so don't worry Posted Image .
http://razzi.me/phot...x/size/original

Posted Image

Cost & Value (10)
When you take into consideration all the labor that went into making this pen the price is easily justified. This pen costs $350.00+ shipping after the $150.00 discount is applied.

Conclusion (9.5)
This pen took several months to have made but was well worth it in the end. If you're looking for a bespoke pen tailored to you I'd suggest checking out Cameron's website. Thanks for checking out my review! :happyberet:

Edited by watch_art, 06 January 2013 - 16:36.

Sponsored Content

#2 superfreeka

superfreeka

Sumgai

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 16:12

Beautiful pen. Would love one in blue. Thanks for the review.
Deodorant can't fix ugly.

#3 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 16:45

Beautiful. Here in Albuquerque three of our pen club members have a Levi (myself included), with one of them in the RHR.

Great review and photos-you really captured the simple beauty of Cameron's pens.
You also are lucky enough to have my grail watch. I LOVE the Reverso....
the Danitrio Fellowship

#4 ElykNordneg

ElykNordneg

Montdupont

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2013 - 17:25

Beautiful. Here in Albuquerque three of our pen club members have a Levi (myself included), with one of them in the RHR.

Great review and photos-you really captured the simple beauty of Cameron's pens.
You also are lucky enough to have my grail watch. I LOVE the Reverso....

Thanks! I'm absolutely in love with my Grande 976 :cloud9:.

#5 Chi Town

Chi Town

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,790 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2013 - 00:14

Nice Review! This sorta looks like my "Lewis" pen, but with a few alterations.....Your a lucky duck and can now lay claim into the "Levi" club! At some point we should all get together and post a pic of our pens together so that everyone can drool over what we have invested in......Nice Choice

Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

#6 chris burton

chris burton

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 16:32

That is a beautiful pen. Wow.

#7 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,627 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:34

very nice. i never use a push-button fountain pen filling system before. is it easy for maintenance?
-rudy-

Sponsored Content

|