Loan It Forward 2013

Cognaticrotty

Could each person take a double page. Travel to a local tourist attraction, take a pic. Get it printed and stuck into the book, then on the other page, the person could write up their visit.

History of the Location, etc?

Or would that be a better independent project?

I like that idea, and would be glad to, but may be more involved than some would be able to do. But if all the participants want to, I'm up for it.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cognaticrotty

• Harlequin

• mhguda

• Inkwellpens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as the notebooks go, I know most are transom moleskins but I have yet to find any bleed through on any of mine, and use the everyday....and have a lot. Again, it is all up to the collective, as well as what pen to use, I put the list up and can get this started ASAP

Signature left blank per new rules...

Could each person take a double page. Travel to a local tourist attraction, take a pic. Get it printed and stuck into the book, then on the other page, the person could write up their visit.

History of the Location, etc?

Or would that be a better independent project?

I think a book full of reviews of the pen would become very redundant, but I wouldn't force people to do a local tourist attraction. Let whoever has the pen decide. Each user could add a personal touch to the book and it would become a representative of all those who have used it.

Just in case it wasn't clear from my last post, count me in. Plus, I really don't want to be "that guy", but it may be a good idea to also have a minimum time registered + minimum # of posts requirement to participate, like the Estie Loaner program does.

As for what kind of pen, I think either a piston filler or lever filler would be nice (although not an Estie, for obvious reasons), or any filling mechanism that most people may not have tried yet. Another option might be to use a pen that a lot of people are always interested in, like a TWSBI of some sort.

Agreed on the rules from the estie loaner program.

I have 2 twsbi 540s so I think I'll just start it with that.

Please note. These pens are both new, less than 1 month old, so I know they are in perfect condition. :)

ooh, maybe this will help me make up my mind on whether to get a 540, or wait for the 580 (or even just go for a Vac700)!

Please note. These pens are both new, less than 1 month old, so I know they are in perfect condition. :)

Would be helpful if you could list them down again, seeing some of us have never participated in one. Seeing you're the one who'll be kickstarting it, it'll also be helpful if we knew what you expect the person who has a pen to do with it, and what should be written in the notebook! :lol:

OP edited to add rules/guidelines

Would be helpful if you could list them down again, seeing some of us have never participated in one. Seeing you're the one who'll be kickstarting it, it'll also be helpful if we knew what you expect the person who has a pen to do with it, and what should be written in the notebook! :lol:

The twsbis are a 540 smoke with a fine nib

The other is a 540 clear blue with a medium nib

Write about whatever you like, honestly..have fun with it, add pictures of local attractions if you can or whatever you want.

The twsbis are a 540 smoke with a fine nib

The other is a 540 clear blue with a medium nib

Write about whatever you like, honestly..have fun with it, add pictures of local attractions if you can or whatever you want.

:thumbup:

Maybe someone more familiar with the Estie program can tell us, how does the person who has the pen currently know who to send it to next?

Since as far as I know Bruce masterminded the Estie Loaner program (in which I participated) we'd better listen up, people. It worked beautifully. And I'd like to join this group, too...

The idea for the Estie Loaner Program frankly I borrowe^H^H^stole from GClef and his successful "pen loan out". :P

What has made the program the success that it is [1] is the wonderful posters in Estieville and other FPNers participating. :clap1:

The only postal difficulties I'm aware of was maybe a longer time to some isolated areas (Curacao) but all pens have arrived in mailings safely.

[1] Esties on 3 continents to Lend, probably 10 or so loan outs, 8+ loaner pens available some with the most desirable nibs and past Estie borrowers are now Estie Owners and Loaner Outters themselves. That's the way it Was 'Sposed to work.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Maybe someone more familiar with the Estie program can tell us, how does the person who has the pen currently know who to send it to next?

In the Estie Program the pen comes back to it's owner but in this case I think it is to be sent onwards.

Who will let the receiver know who to send it on to?

Edited by alc3261

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

In the Estie Program the pen comes back to it's owner but in this case I think it is to be sent onwards.

Perhaps it'll be nice if the owner keeps track of a list, and he/she can then PM the person to whom the pen should be passed onto. That way, the owner would be able to economize the shipping, as the pen can first travel within one big country before leaving for another, thus saving the participants' shipping costs.

Ohhhh this sounds like an awesome idea! I wonder if it would be possible to get a few of them going at the same time that way people can sign up for different pens. I may have a Parker 45 to use (time to go looking).

Or an ahab/Konrad with knox nibs

Edited by AndyLa

Along those lines, I want to start a post with who all has expressed interest s far...I'll take care of that part.

Whoever currently has the pen will select a name from that list, contact them and send it along, making note of it n here as to who it is going to

I know which of the Loaner Outters have which pens/nibs. I try and keep an eye on the thread and take note of any loan requests and what pen/nib width that person wants to try and PM the owner that they are "At Bat!" :clap1: The Loaner Outters are also pretty observant Estieville residents and have also noticed themselves when there were requests for their pens. (Also, in the Loaner Program, it's not one pen traveling everywhere, it's A loaner pen of several matched up to the size of Estie and nib width the borrower wants to try.)

Someone might want to pull up the past traveling journal threads and see how they tracked it. I would assume someone would have to kind of keep track of say the next 3-5 people in line, maybe not though. I do think in some of the threads the recipients also posted to the thread [1] when they were putting the package in the mail to the next person so everyone knew.

[1] And, FWIW, with the Estieville program there was one original, "noodle it all out" thread to start with (kind of like this one) and then another much cleaner, ready for prime time Live operational continuous thread that the program works from now.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Current interested list:

Cognaticrotty

DET

Mmkoenecke

Tandaina

Harlequin

Joker4eva

Inkyfingerz

Alc3261

Mhguda

Renfield

Chad.trent

AndyLa

If you are interested and NOTon this list please quote this post, and add your name

Thanks

One of us here could keep a (posted) list with the FPN names on it, and also indicate the order. Then the one who has the pen can PM the next in line for his/her mailing address, and send the pen/notebook on its way. And as soon as the mathom is on its way to the next receiver, the list should be updated. And newcomers join at the end of the list, irrespective of how efficient it is in terms of postage...

Not sure if I've thought of all possible implications, want to chip in, Bruce?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Ohhhh this sounds like an awesome idea! I wonder if it would be possible to get a few of them going at the same time that way people can sign up for different pens. I may have a Parker 45 to use (time to go looking).

Or an ahab/Konrad with knox nibs

I was actually thinking along the same lines. But it may be better to get it established with one pen first, I don't know. But I don't see any reason why after a bit more than one pen couldn't be in circulation.