The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noddler's 54Th Massachusetts

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Chuckie

Chuckie

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 23:03

I like this ink a lot. I prefer it in medium to bold nibs. Seems like it dries out too fast in my fine nibs.

Sponsored Content

#42 Mags

Mags

Life is more vibrant with a fountain pen and a bold wet ink line

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 17:59

I am using this ink routinely in a Franklin Christoph Piper and have not diluted it during its use. I like it very much as once dry it's not running or smudging on porous or glossy papers. I have also had numerous hard starts and have to dip it in water to get the nib wet and the ink flows well until a short period to dry out the nib.

I also find it changes colour is sorta dull if I shake the bottle and it's a nicer blue if I just fill it without shaking first. I suspect some aspect of the ink separates without agitation. I cringe at mixin inks but may add some purple or blue ink later to see if the blue can pop just a little more when it dries and still rely on its water resistance if someone happens to spill water on my paper.

I use this ink for baseball line up cards and thus far it holds up in the rain until the paper disintegrates in the worst of storms.

I would recommend this ink as an excellent ink for anyone with a budget and who wanted to have water resistance.

Great review thanks for posting.

Mags
Bob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)
I use a RIM PlayBook and a fountain pen.

Sponsored Content

|