Colorado Pen Posse

Jane-K

Hello Everyone!

Is it time yet to start planning for the next Posse gathering?

Any and all ideas for time and place are welcome!

FPNers in Colorado--you are welcome to join our email list. PM your email address to me, and I will add you.

Thanks!

Jane K Wendell

Woodland Park

"I never knew anyone who worked so hard to make such a mess."

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9840/mittenshu1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jane-K

• goodpens

• OakIris

• mbankirer

I am on the email list, but with all the replies, I lost track of where things stand date-wise. Would you post an update here? Thanks! I am hoping to be able to attend this time around.

So far, I believe we are looking at the first or second Saturday in March. Location, possibly the Longmont Library.

I am moving out of state in a couple weeks, so I will not be part of the final plans, so I trust that Tamara and Ed are going to go forward to finalize the plans.

I will help with the email list, though, until someone else is able to take charge of it.

Thank you! I am grateful for the opportunity of attending the Woodland Park gathering in October. Great people, fun pens, cool ink, and delightful conversation!!!

Thanks!

Jane :)

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9840/mittenshu1.png

March 2 @ Longmont Library.

I live in South Denver and can take up to 3 in my car....need a ride?

Marcia

mbankirer@gmail.com

To add to the information Marcia put in her post, here is the finalized plan:

The gathering will be at the Longmont Library on Saturday, March 2nd, from 10:30 AM-1:30 PM

The address of the library is 409 4th Avenue, Longmont, CO 80501

The library's phone number is (303) 651-8470

I live in Westminster and will be picking up one person in Boulder so she has transportation to the meeting; a couple more people are welcome if anyone else in the Westminster-Boulder area needs a ride. PM me!

Everyone is welcome, bring your pens and paper and pen paraphernalia or just bring yourself! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, along with meeting some new posse members. This is going to be another fun people and pen gathering. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Holly

I haven't been to a gathering like this before, so I don't know what to expect.

Will anyone be attending who is well-versed in disassembly? I'm usually pretty decent with it, but I'm struggling to get a section separated from a vintage Waterman body and I'm wondering if getting help with this might be possible at the pen posse. Thanks!

I haven't been to a gathering like this before, so I don't know what to expect.

Will anyone be attending who is well-versed in disassembly? I'm usually pretty decent with it, but I'm struggling to get a section separated from a vintage Waterman body and I'm wondering if getting help with this might be possible at the pen posse. Thanks!

I imagine there will be someone who can help with that :)

Tamara

• 2 months later...

Hey, I was trying to add you to our group mailing list. We're going to meet up on Saturday - April 6 - Noon at Casa Don Juan - 1204 S Main St Las Vegas, NV 89104

(702) 384-8070

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

Colorado Pen Posse Meeting - 4/13/2013 SAVE THE DATE!

I wanted to let you know that there will be a meeting of the Colorado Pen Posse in your back yard! (Boulder, CO)

This meeting will be hosted by Gerald and Mia of Two Hands Paperie (www.twohandspaperie.com) and focus on …. wait for it…. Fountain Pen Friendly PAPERS!

Stop by Two Hands Paperie on Saturday, April 13th and try your favorite pens & inks on a variety of fountain pen friendly paper samples, watch the Visconti Traveling Inkwell in action and talk to fellow fountain pen enthusiasts.

WHAT: Colorado Pen Posse:

WHEN: April 13th, 2013, 10:30am-1:30pm

WHERE: Two Hands Paperie (803 Pearl Street, Boulder, Colorado)

BONUS: Pen Posse Members get a 10% discount on Pens, Papers and Inks during the event!

Stop in after breakfast, stop in before lunch, hey, stop in any time between 10:30 and 1:30 for the event. Two Hands Paperie is located near great local coffee / food shops.

(While sealed water bottles and cups with lids are ok, Please don't bring food to the event.)

If you or someone you know wants to be added to the current email list, just let me know the email address you want to add and I will make sure you get included in the highly unofficial, "official" Colorado Pen Posse list.

Hope to see you all there!

Anyone take any pictures at the Boulder meetup? How was it?

We can trust the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immanual Kant

That's just one of the reasons why you really should rearrange your life so that you can attend all of our meetings, Michele - we need you there to make sure photos get taken. :P I didn't take any photos, I am not sure if anyone else did....

Very few of the "regulars" showed up for this meeting, but there were plenty of new faces, so it was fun and quite successful. We tried out all sorts of papers that Gerald of Two Hands Paperie provided for us, played with pens and inks, shared talk and laughter. It was a great place to meet, surrounded by fine writing paper, cards, stationery, notebooks, etc.; they also sell inks (all J. Herbin from what I saw) and fountain pens - Visconti, Lamy, Retro and Stipula, among the better known brands. It was also a terrible place to meet if you were determined not to spend any money on our "addiction"..... There was absolutely no obligation or expectation that we would buy anything, but, some of us were unable to resist!

Gerald is more than willing to have us meet at his store again, so hopefully everyone who missed this gathering will have the opportunity to meet at Two Hands in the future. This may become our "base" meeting place in the future, Gerald and membership willing, though I am sure we will continue to meet elsewhere as well in order to accommodate as many people as possible. (It would appear that most of the interest in our Pen Posse thus far is from folks in the Denver metro area and to the north; our attempt to attract folks in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas met with no response, at least none of them showed up when we met in Woodland Park... Perhaps they have their own thing going on to which we are not invited! :unsure: )

Ed or Marcia or someone else may have taken some photos of the posse; if so, hopefully they will post them here for all to see. (I need to remember to take my camera with me to the next Posse!)

Holly

I like the idea of meeting in Boulder again in the future. Though I wasn't able to make the meeting last weekend, Boulder is generally a good spot. I am about an hour away, but it is still convenient--definitely moreso than the southern part of the metro area.

Hope to meet some of the CO crew soon,

Goodpens

• 2 weeks later...

RJJ, I got your email. :) The Colorado Pen Posse members will be posting in this thread, and I will get you hooked up with their email list.

Welcome!

Jane :)

The meeting in Boulder was great....but I didn't take any photos! So, according to others on his board, it never really happened! But all evidence to the contrary...I gave away a couple of "pay it forward" pens and I went home with a cople of new little pens from Two Hands Paperie!

When and where for the next meeting?

Marcia

I like to take photographs and usually schlepp my camera along. I would be happy to share

We haven't started to talk about "when and where" for the next Pen Posse meeting but I am thinking June or July... Anyone else? Boulder works for me, too, but then I am willing to go most anywhere along the Front Range to participate in a Posse...

We definitely need a photographer; Michele usualy brings her camera but she isn't always able to meet with us; you and your camera would be very welcome, RJJ! (Well, you without your camera would be very welcome, too, of course! :P )

Holly

Thanks! I'm always looking for photo opportunities. I saw that the last posse was held on a weekend. That works best for me. My job frequently takes me out of state.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone! I recently posted in a couple of more recent threads than this one and posted a new topic, but I for one would be interested in reviving the CPP!

I have some nice camera equipment too, including a macro lens!