Wahlnut

Collectors Item

• FPN Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 23:47

[quote
Random question: I haven't gotten a close look at one yet, so I'm curious. Is the car toy a reproduction of any specific car?
[/quote]

Yes it is a pretty faithful replica of a 1957 Chevrolet Corvette. I have them in hard top and convertible versions in each of the pen colors (close as I can get it). The car is a self propelled too! ...you roll it backwards to wind-up the spring and let it go and off she goes.
Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein
Pensbury Manor
Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments
Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company
www.wahleversharp.com
New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

#102 johntdavis

johntdavis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 00:50

Random question: I haven't gotten a close look at one yet, so I'm curious. Is the car toy a reproduction of any specific car?

Yes it is a pretty faithful replica of a 1957 Chevrolet Corvette. I have them in hard top and convertible versions in each of the pen colors (close as I can get it). The car is a self propelled too! ...you roll it backwards to wind-up the spring and let it go and off she goes.

That is awesome. I'm pretty sure my mother owned that car at one point. I might have to give her the toy. :)

#103 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:15

It a small scale model of a 1950's Chevrolet Corvette.

#104 Drone

Drone

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:24

I'm noticing lately that the W.E. Web site sometimes takes forever... Anyone else?

#105 Wahlnut

Wahlnut

Collectors Item

• FPN Moderators

• 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:25

It is a 1957 Chevrolet Corvette
Pensbury Manor
Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com

#106 Wahlnut

Wahlnut

Collectors Item

• FPN Moderators

• 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:59

OK...We have decided to open the doors to do a SMALL run of our WAHL-EVERSHARP SKYLINE Series pens to keep in inventory in Europe if people wish. My risk is that I will have extra (idle?) inventory in Europe in the hopes for EU orders. I will not produce more than 3 of any model for this process until I can gauge the demand. When that initial supply is exhausted it will be the following month before we will produce more.

So, if people want to take advantage of this process I am willing and asking people to place orders now to reserve their pen in advance. (A number of people have done just that for the Technik, Aluminum pens already). Shipping is anticipated by April 10 or. If these savings are desirable, I hope people will step up and order. This is a costly experiment but we aim to please. If anyone is truly interested in this, please respond to me by PM or by email. If I get a good response I will do it. I will speak to my web engineer over dinner tonight about a check-out field that requests EU delivery for the future, but in the meantime, I can invoice through PayPal based on email orders. Just go to the "Custom Orders" email link to the left of the collections page to email me for this deal or directly at wahlnut@wahleversharp.com to encourage me to move forward on this idea.
Syd
Pensbury Manor
Pensbury Manor

www.wahleversharp.com