#21 pokermon

pokermon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2013 - 19:30

The sac you can find easily from many online sites. The nib will be a little harder. I think your pen can take anything from a Wahl #0 to a #3
Pen blog of current inventory

Enjoy life, and keep on writing!
-Tommy

#22 Gracie

Gracie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2013 - 20:03

The sac you can find easily from many online sites. The nib will be a little harder. I think your pen can take anything from a Wahl #0 to a #3

I think the #0 is the most flexible? I'm going to try the hair dryer again today with the help of my son's muscle <g>. I'll get back to you....

#23 gweddig

gweddig

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:01

and.....?

I think the #0 is the most flexible? I'm going to try the hair dryer again today with the help of my son's muscle <g>. I'll get back to you....

#24 Effin1

Effin1

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:02

I am also following this with an air of anticipation. I have had the most trouble with screw fit and I remember reading a tip on this board about using a clothes peg (pin) which worked very successfully on a P51 hood. I now have section pliers but even with them I find some Parkers really stubborn. I can manage my CS's that are friction fit with just my hands now I have developed a technique. I bought my first Wahl yesterday but it has been restored fortunately. Come on Gracie do tell us.

#25 LedZepGirl

LedZepGirl

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 18:52

I wouldn't give up on it. If you look around you should be able to at least find a replacement nib that will fit. If it were mine I wouldn't give up on it.

Thanks, LedZep Girl, I appreciate the encouragement. As you can see from the photos just uploaded, I probably need a complete nib/feed unit.

Is that Zappa? :thumbup:

You're welcome.

And yes it is.

About that damaged feed- you can probably still use it. I have an Esterbrook nib with fins missing from the feed and it writes fine, there was nothing wrong with the nib so I gave it a try, so the problem is just cosmetic.

About replacing sacs- check out my blog- the link in my sig.
I'd rather spend my money on pens instead of shoes and handbags.

>>> My Blog <<<

#26 Gracie

Gracie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:57

I wouldn't give up on it. If you look around you should be able to at least find a replacement nib that will fit. If it were mine I wouldn't give up on it.

Thanks, LedZep Girl, I appreciate the encouragement. As you can see from the photos just uploaded, I probably need a complete nib/feed unit.

Is that Zappa? :thumbup:

You're welcome.

And yes it is.

About that damaged feed- you can probably still use it. I have an Esterbrook nib with fins missing from the feed and it writes fine, there was nothing wrong with the nib so I gave it a try, so the problem is just cosmetic.

About replacing sacs- check out my blog- the link in my sig.

Dear All offering such great support,

My son arrived and also gave up on the brink of disaster. Therefore, the pen sits as originally purchased, except that it is now clean. I hate to be a quitter, but I'm at the point of seeking professional sac and nib replacement, keeping the original feed. :embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile:

#27 Gracie

Gracie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 22:57

I just noticed some lovely W-E nibs at Five Star Pens that look affordable without the feed and section.

Edited by Gracie, 20 January 2013 - 23:02.

#28 Gracie

Gracie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2013 - 20:30

All right, I've succumbed to sanity on this one, and sent it off to Five Star Pens for a new sac and nib. We had come so close to crushing it that it seemed to be the only option and I had to bite the bullet on clinging to my resolve not to be a quitter. If I come across another one, I'll come back and take all the good advice you have offered, and I must again say thank you to everyone who took the time to write out all that good information. I hope it serves others well, in addition to being my future reference. :thumbup:

I'll post a photo when I get it back from Five Star Pens.

[Sponsored Content]