Saturday May 18 - First pens
Sunday June 16 - your most sumgai deal / your rarest find

Saturday July 20 - Flexy nibs
Sunday August 18 - Demonstrator pens
Saturday September 21 - Large/oversize pens
Sunday October 20 -
Saturday November 16 - Your 5 favourite inks
Sunday December 15 - The one pen you'd never sell

This year we will not be moving dates for any reason. We tried that last year and it was just too confusing.

Contact me if you'd like to add an extra meeting date for whatever reason (eg. you're from another country but will be traveling to Toronto at a set time) and I might be able to organize a secondary meet that month.

Locations will be at CAMH, 250 College Street, room 801 at 11:15 AM, unless otherwise noted in the monthly meet up section. SO PLEASE DO keep your eyes peeled on that section of the board a week before the meet each month. I'm still looking for a better venue that won't charge us money, as I don't want to get into trouble at work! Until then, please don't mention the meet up to anyone in the building. Just walk in, take the elevator to the 8th floor, turn left, and the meeting room is right there.

NEW FORMAT
It was suggested that perhaps we have a slightly more organized meet, and I think it's a great idea. So let's try it starting in May.

a) 30 minutes(ish) - open forum for chatting and whatnot, like our entire meet normally is

b ) Theme presentations - everyone who wants to can get up and speak on whatever the theme for the meet is that month
NB: If you happen to be really knowledgeable about a specific month's theme and would like to do more than just a personal presentation, please let me know and we'll fit you in. It would be an amazing way for people to share what they've learned!

c) New acquisitions - whoever got a new pen or ink or paper can get up and do a show and tell

If after all that people still want to do more open floor chatting, then we can go for it.

How do you guys feel about that?
ps. I know there are two dates without themes posted yet. Check back in a few weeks, as I'm still considering what to put in there.

Thanks!

Edited by saskia_madding

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• raging.dragon

• smk

• tenurepro

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for doing this, Saskia. Man, the whole of 2013 just flashed before my eyes. But in a good way.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Thank you for this! Now I can plan for six Saturdays.

Hope I'll have a ride for the 19th.

Cheers:

Istvan

Edited by tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Oho, someone has been busy with their daytimer!

Looking forward to Saturday meetings, and plan to be there on Jan 19, with some insanely flexy Vacs (and a few other goodies) I picked up while vacationing. Perhaps even an aero P51 with a factory b nib...

David

David Armstrong

• antiques for readers & writers •

http://www.restorersart.com

Sevanti Letterpress

• guaranteed fountain pen friendly •

http://www.sevanti-letterpress.com

Oooooooooooooo ... I wouldn't say no to that! And I've got live SEVEN pens that need fixing that I've been lax about mailing off to you, so I'll just give them to you then. :) I've also got some questions about folding card stock I'd love to ask you, as I'm trying to make a gift for my boss.

Thank you for organizing some dates for us. I marked them in my daytimer in BSB so they should be bullet proof.

I picked up a few Christmas pens and a few Ebay pens so looking forward to showing them around and seeing what new ones you all have found too.

Mags

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Cool.. I am IN ... :thumbup:

BTW, does anyone has an extra "brass thingy" that I can buy from you? Is the little piece of brass used to floss nibs.

Thanks!!

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

BTW, does anyone has an extra "brass thingy" that I can buy from you? Is the little piece of brass used to floss nibs.

Ask, and ye shall receive...

I will bring some with me. Also, there was some interest in nib smoothing kits, so I will bring along some of those, too.

Edited by D Armstrong

David Armstrong

• antiques for readers & writers •

http://www.restorersart.com

Sevanti Letterpress

• guaranteed fountain pen friendly •

http://www.sevanti-letterpress.com

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Gee..THANKS!!!!!! :thumbup:

Can I have a million dollars ?? I need one of those too. :ltcapd:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

yo queiro flexy pen

1357264613[/url]' post='2553497']

Oho, someone has been busy with their daytimer!y

Looking forward to Saturday meetings, and plan to be there on Jan 19, with some insanely flexy Vacs (and a few other goodies) I picked up while vacationing. Perhaps even an aero P51 with a factory b nib...

David

I think a nib smoothing kit is something I am overdue for.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Does anybody have a loupe or loupes I could try? I'm looking for a better one, and would like to try a few before deciding what to buy.

Probably 10X to start. That should be sufficient for what I'm doing. It would be interesting to try 15 or 20, but at that point perhaps a microscope would be a better option? Anyway, I doubt I'd need more than 10X unless I get into nib grinding/customization, and I'm not certain that's something I want to do.

At the moment I'm leaning toward getting the Belomo 10X.