Pay It Forward 2013

zoniguana

I just realized I have something else that I need to get out of my house that someone else might find useful. I have a set of four Platinum Carbon Black cartridges that I'm realizing I am never going to use (I'm just not that into black ink). From what I hear, the Carbon Black is totally waterproof and therefore great for artists who need something to use under a wash. Any starving artists out there who would like to try them out? PM me.

does that only come in cartridges? I was looking for carbon black when I was deciding which black to buy.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• Harlequin

• mhguda

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just realized I have something else that I need to get out of my house that someone else might find useful. I have a set of four Platinum Carbon Black cartridges that I'm realizing I am never going to use (I'm just not that into black ink). From what I hear, the Carbon Black is totally waterproof and therefore great for artists who need something to use under a wash. Any starving artists out there who would like to try them out? PM me.

does that only come in cartridges? I was looking for carbon black when I was deciding which black to buy.

No, it comes in a bottle, too. I bought them not realizing they wouldn't fit the only pen I had at the time, which only took short internat'l carts.

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott (This is where I tell my stories.)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

MODERATOR'S NOTE

I've gone through and removed quite a few posts. Please remember to keep posts made in this thread on topic. This is the PIF thread, so do your best to keep other discussions out. This will make it easier for people to figure out what's being offered and what has already been claimed.

Thanks you and Happy PIFing!

Dizzypen

WI MODERATOR

NB: Please note that this is not the appropriate place to ask for someone to give you a pen or ink or whatever. Those requests should be placed in the Classifieds section as a want ad.

Edited by dizzypen

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Alright, one more pen I need to let go for a reasonable price...free. The only reason I'm giving it away is that it doesn't fit my writing style (too heavy) and I have too many pens at this point. This particular pen is a Conway Stewart "Trafalgar" LE 11/500 limited edition with an 18K gold nib. This pen is absolutely stunning to look at and writes just as good with its medium nib. In flawless condition (minus box). Call me crazy but I would rather give it to a good home than sell it. Go ahead and research this pen...they are rarely for sale.

Now here are the rules: to be eligable, you must have at least one child between the age of 1-18 and not have a pen in your collection valued above 150 dollars. For obvious reasons, If you have the means to spend 300+ on a pen please do not enter this raffle...If you do, St Nibious will surely frown upon you for many years to come:) The first person meeting this criteria to message me after the stroke of Midnight Tonight Central US time will receive pen. I will check after I get back from toasting in the New Year.

Happy New Year All!

Wow, that really is exceptionally generous. Hope someone will be very pleased with their pen. I certainly love writing with my Conway Stewarts (haven't got a Trafalgar, though think this year I may have to look at heavier, bigger pens as my arthritis is getting worse.)

New PIF J.Herbin Glass Dip Pen

fpn_1357405799__ad7a079f90f07e05c55489fd52a58754image200x237.jpg

I am offering the blue one

Will send worldwide. I can't get on with it but maybe you can?

PM me and I'll draw it in about a week.

All replies will go in the hat to be drawn next Friday 11th.

Edited by alc3261

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

I'd like to join! I live in the Philippines and shipping to other countries is so expensive, so I'd like to PiF to someone from my own country.

I'm willing to give away a full bottle of Noodler's Antietam and a full bottle of purple Sheaffer Skrip ink.

Interested parties may PM me. :)

I am adding to this Pif list a full bottle of Lamy green ink, and an almost full bottle of J. Herbin Bouquet d'Antan.

All are still in their original boxes.

I'd like to give away this Pelikano P480 (M nib) and a matching converter (not pictured):

http://i.imgur.com/n1jFj.jpg?1

I'd like it to go to someone who is just beginning to use fountain pens or thinks about beginning and isn't quite convinced yet, ideally a school child.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll draw a random winner on Sunday. Good luck!

Just drew the winner and it's entry no. 4, countrydirt! Congratulations!!!

I'd like to join! I live in the Philippines and shipping to other countries is so expensive, so I'd like to PiF to someone from my own country.

I'm willing to give away a full bottle of Noodler's Antietam and a full bottle of purple Sheaffer Skrip ink.

I am adding to this Pif list a full bottle of Lamy green ink, and an almost full bottle of J. Herbin Bouquet d'Antan.

The Antietam is no longer up for grabs. I gave it to someone from my office whose daughter is just starting on fountain pens, and who I advised to sign up for this forum. Watch out for a new member very soon!

(I have another full bottle of Antietam, actually, which is a gift from my brother, so I am looking forward to using it after I finish my old bottle. It's a great ink for editing work.)

The Carbon Black cartridges go to the lucky Harlequin!

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. ~ Anne Lamott (This is where I tell my stories.)

The Antietam is no longer up for grabs. I gave it to someone from my office whose daughter is just starting on fountain pens, and who I advised to sign up for this forum. Watch out for a new member very soon!

(I have another full bottle of Antietam, actually, which is a gift from my brother, so I am looking forward to using it after I finish my old bottle. It's a great ink for editing work.)

Found one more bottle of Sheaffer Skrip in purple, and it's still full. I don't think I ever even opened it before.

Here's an updated list of my PiF items that are still up for grabs to anyone within the Philippines.

- 2 full bottles of Sheaffer Skrip in purple

- 1 full bottle of Lamy ink in green

- 1 almost full bottle of J. Herbin Bouquet d'Antan

I am choosing to PiF only within my country because shipping out from here is so expensive, almost three times the cost of one ink bottle!

Edited by maryannemoll

I feel like this would be a good way to start the year off right. I received a Hero 616 for free along with a different pen I won on ebay a few days ago (photos here), and frankly, I don't know that I have a use for it. It appears to have never been used. The clip is loose (spins and spins), but other than that I have no reason to believe it's not a very workable pen. The nib seems aligned, though I don't have a loupe to check for the finer points of that. I know it's not much, but would anyone be interested in it? I'll pay postage anywhere in the US. (I wish I could make it international, but am a bit strapped for cash at the moment.)

I also have a sample of Noodler's Bad Green Gator, unopened, that I bought from Goulet Pens last month. I've found a different green I'm quite happy with and don't envision myself using the sample. Same as above: I'll ship anywhere in the US.

**UPDATE** The Hero 616 is spoken for, but I still have the ink sample; PM me if interested!

Both of these items have now been spoken for.

Found one more bottle of Sheaffer Skrip in purple, and it's still full. I don't think I ever even opened it before.

Here's an updated list of my PiF items that are still up for grabs to anyone within the Philippines.

- 2 full bottles of Sheaffer Skrip in purple

- 1 almost full bottle of J. Herbin Bouquet d'Antan

I am choosing to PiF only within my country because shipping out from here is so expensive, almost three times the cost of one ink bottle!

And the Bouquet d'Antan is already spoken for. It's going out to yet another new fountain pen user, all of eleven years old. She might not be able to sign up for the forums, though.

One bottle of Sheaffer Skrip purple is reserved for lastwizard4, who I might see sometime this week.

Here's what's still up for grabs:

- 1 full bottle of Sheaffer Skrip in purple

For a fountain pen newbie (USA only):

I have a Dodec fountain pen to pass along. I would like it to go to someone who has only recently started using fountain pens. It is like this one, but with a pink body. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/dodec-fountain-pen-725432/

It is an inexpensive little pen with a surprisingly good nib with a teensy bit of flex to it. I like it and it writes well, but it is slightly too lightweight for me. It takes international cartridges. I like it as a good no-hassle pen that is a great way to try new inks. I will include a few cartridges in assorted colors for the winner.

If you would like it, please PM me (no responses in this thread, please). Include:

-a little description about how you got started in this fountain pen world and how long ago, and

-your name and mailing address.

Hi all

I have up for grabs 3 dip pens. One is a Prometheus glass dip pen. One is a Crow feather quill with a rather flexible nib - not sure what brand. One is an African porcupine quill that I added an old nib from another, broken, dip pen onto - again, flexible. The porcupine, the nib is replaceable; the crow is as well. For obvious reasons, the glass is not...

I'll send one to each of three folks who PM me back, randomly chosen. Of course, if only one person responds, they might get all three... :-)

Attached is a picture of the pens, and I'll reply to this to add a picture of a sample of my writing with them, along with other pens, for comparative purposes.

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Hi all

I have up for grabs 3 dip pens. One is a Prometheus glass dip pen. One is a Crow feather quill with a rather flexible nib - not sure what brand. One is an African porcupine quill that I added an old nib from another, broken, dip pen onto - again, flexible. The porcupine, the nib is replaceable; the crow is as well. For obvious reasons, the glass is not...

I'll send one to each of three folks who PM me back, randomly chosen. Of course, if only one person responds, they might get all three... :-)

Attached is a picture of the pens, and I'll reply to this to add a picture of a sample of my writing with them, along with other pens, for comparative purposes.

Handwriting pic attached.

Hi all

PS - random selection will be Sunday evening; I'll post the winners then, too...

Hi all

PS - random selection will be Sunday evening; I'll post the winners then, too...

PPS - We're well past one response; please indicate your preference of which pen you might like.

New PIF J.Herbin Glass Dip Pen

fpn_1357405799__ad7a079f90f07e05c55489fd52a58754image200x237.jpg

I am offering the blue one

Will send worldwide. I can't get on with it but maybe you can?

PM me and I'll draw it in about a week.

All replies will go in the hat to be drawn next Friday 11th.

I will draw this tomorrow, any more interest?

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop