Has Any One Had Experience With Grifos Pens?

searcher18

I have bought 3 used Cesare Emiliano Fountain Pens at pen shows this year and found them to be nice writing pens. I like silver pens and Italian pens, so it is a good match. I do not see many Cesare Emiliano Fountain Pens for sale and would appreciate any feedback that members may have. I have found a web site for Grifos Pens on the internet. Has anyone had any experience dealing with this site?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• searcher18

• shahrincamille

• treborefir

• jar

All great experience with Grifos. I've bought several pens from them and they have always delivered quickly and been fantastic when it comes to communications. The ones I've bought are Sterling Silver versions.

My Website

Thanks. I will probably order a pen this week. I am considering the Vermeil Cheesboard with an 18 K nib.

I have noticed that all their barrells have the same type button at the end.

The owner of Grifos Pens, Maurizio Stura, is actually a member here on FPN. He goes by the handle "stubnib".

I myself own a few Grifos pens and I'd say they're great value for money, with outstanding customer service when my Driadre briar root's cap cracked across its natural wood grain, several years after purchase. I bought my Grifoses from a variety of sources, including used ones from FPN members here, eBay and of course, directly via PM and email with Mr Stura himself :thumbup:

Why don't you contact him directly? I cannot speak on his behalf, but buying from the company's owner himself might land you an outstanding deal, and you get whatever questions you have answered directly from the horse's mouth itself :D

Shahrin B)

Nice tip. I may contact him but I do not feel comfortable asking for a discount that is not available to all FPN members.

Nice tip. I may contact him but I do not feel comfortable asking for a discount that is not available to all FPN members.

It's not necessary to *ask* for a discount. I never did.

You can ask about a certain pen that catches your fancy, and also any other queries including those about the Cesare Emiliano pens which I believe are no longer produced (and please share whatever info that you might be able to obtain with regards to this line). And then perhaps ask for its availability and price. If he gives you a discount then take it as your reward for putting in an effort to contact.

Shahrin B)

My experience been very nice quality pens and great customer service. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

• 3 weeks later...

My new Grifos should be here in a few days. I got the Sterling Silver & Bordeaux Lacquer fountain pen with an 18 K F nib and had it personalized with my name. I did not get a solid silver fp because I wanted to first see how the nib writes.