#21 FrElip

FrElip

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2012 - 17:33

Correct. It's a piston filler. Anyway, judging form the rear of the hood, there is no cartdrige to fit there.

I'm sad that it misses the metal ring in mine, and threading de hood in the barrel, even squeezing it tight, the gap from metal ring could be noticed :wacko:

The ring was part of the cap closure system IIRC and it's likely the cap will not be secure and the nib may dry out more without it.

I see. I have either a Lamy ratio (100% like de L6 in the photo: http://pointythings....ens/noslamy.php) that have the exact same ring, and I got it's function.
Should it be easy for me to find a ring for my monte rosa? So I could restore it and put it to work?

#22 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,554 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2012 - 18:26

Correct. It's a piston filler. Anyway, judging form the rear of the hood, there is no cartdrige to fit there.

I'm sad that it misses the metal ring in mine, and threading de hood in the barrel, even squeezing it tight, the gap from metal ring could be noticed :wacko:

The ring was part of the cap closure system IIRC and it's likely the cap will not be secure and the nib may dry out more without it.

I see. I have either a Lamy ratio (100% like de L6 in the photo: http://pointythings....ens/noslamy.php) that have the exact same ring, and I got it's function.
Should it be easy for me to find a ring for my monte rosa? So I could restore it and put it to work?

I'd PM maxpens or Fountainbel and see if they have a replacement.

How pierceful grows the hazy yon! How myrtle petaled thou! For spring hath sprung the cyclotron - How high browse thou, brown cow? -- Churchy LaFemme, 1950

Anyone so limited that they can only spell a word one way suffers a severe handicap. -- jar

The last pen I bought will be the next to last pen I ever buy! --jar

#23 FrElip

FrElip

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2012 - 18:54

I am very greatful for that, apart from being in Europe.

#24 GRJP

GRJP

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2012 - 19:28

I am very greatful for that, apart from being in Europe.

Depending on your time frame I can mail you the card of the person who restored a few pens for me. I should be back in portugal by the 18th of January.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill

#25 FrElip

FrElip

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2012 - 23:16

Depending on your time frame I can mail you the card of the person who restored a few pens for me. I should be back in portugal by the 18th of January.

That would be very nice GRJP, because I have other pens that need to be restored too. I'll wait for that contact, please.
Thanks

#26 GRJP

GRJP

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:09

That would be very nice GRJP, because I have other pens that need to be restored too. I'll wait for that contact, please.
Thanks

No worries!
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Winston Churchill