The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button.   I accept the use of cookies

New Toy -- And It's My First Snorkel!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 inkstainedruth

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,075 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:40

If you want a matching pencil pendemonium has a matching one. i can send a link if you want.

Thanks, I took a look, but at that price I'd rather be spending the money on pens. Especially since they're asking more than the *original (not sale) price for the pen I got.
If I were a collector (I know, the dreaded "C-word :lol:) I would definitely be interested, because it really did look as if it were a real match to the pen I have (albeit possibly in better condition). But I'm more interested in having a (hopefully) working pen with a really cool fill system that I can use.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

#22 leprechaun

Compendium of Useless and Random Information

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2013 - 23:06

The repair of a Snorkel is generally not as difficult as some make it seem.

I have two and they are beautiful writers. I found one in the wild. The other one was in a co-worker's desk at home, he suspects it had belonged to his late father-in-law. It was uninked and still in the box with matching pencil. I about died when he showed it to me. I think it was a combination of my giddy reaction and my generally friendly demeanor that caused it to be transferred to my possession for a price that was so low it was almost criminal.

Edited to remove the pesky "t" that snuck in when I wasn't looking.

Edited by leprechaun, 25 January 2013 - 23:08.

Sponsored Content