Pelikan M800 In Tortoiseshell Brown Set For February Release!

dannzeman

I look forward to this as well, even though I do not have as many of the old style tortoise M800s as you do!

Great news! :clap1: M800 tortoise is my favorite

post-39319-0-49227700-1355901968.jpg

:lol: Yeah, let's get it in February. Merry Christmas!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertJRB

• The Good Captain

• Nibwitz

• alc3261

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great news! :clap1: M800 tortoise is my favorite

post-39319-0-49227700-1355901968.jpg

Nice pen!

I also have some De Atramentis ink, Golf tinte with the smell of mown grass. Does the christmas ink also have a specific smell?

I like this cute label. Plan to buy 10 bottles from Franz. :wub:

I love the tortoise pens! This one will definitely be at the top of my must-have list, preferably with a Mottishaw BB or BBB stub. :wub:

http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Pelikan-Souveran-800-tortoiseshell-brown-fountain-pen1.jpg

Looks like the rumors were true. Pelikan will be producing a M800 in Tortoiseshell Brown with expected delivery set for February of 2013.

The unique brown tortoiseshell barrel is in the trademark Pelikan striated design and is perfectly complimented by dark brown resin parts and 24c gold plated trim. It will come with a two-tone 18k gold nib available officially in Fine, Medium and Broad. Other widths may be available depending on the retailer.

It appears to be a one time production of very limited numbers. The Pelikan Souverän M800 in Tortoiseshell Brown will be available as a fountain pen (£425.00 including VAT at 20%), rollerball (£250) and ball pen (£215). No word yet on US pricing or availability.

Source: PelikanPens

I must get this one!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Pelikan-Souveran-800-tortoiseshell-brown-fountain-pen1.jpg

Looks like the rumors were true. Pelikan will be producing a M800 in Tortoiseshell Brown with expected delivery set for February of 2013.

The unique brown tortoiseshell barrel is in the trademark Pelikan striated design and is perfectly complimented by dark brown resin parts and 24c gold plated trim. It will come with a two-tone 18k gold nib available officially in Fine, Medium and Broad. Other widths may be available depending on the retailer.

It appears to be a one time production of very limited numbers. The Pelikan Souverän M800 in Tortoiseshell Brown will be available as a fountain pen (£425.00 including VAT at 20%), rollerball (£250) and ball pen (£215). No word yet on US pricing or availability.

I must get this one!!

Preordered!!!

Preordered!!!

Congrats!

I just walked into a Pelikan Humankind LE for a nice price. So afraid I gonna miss the tortoise one...

btw, Watching some youtubemovies on Japanese penmakes posten by FPN user VirtuThe3rdTV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmsCTlLS6mA

Showing the manufacturer of Hakase pens, I saw they sell some really nice tortoise shell pens. However they can't ship it abroad since its forbidden to do so with tortoiseshell.

So the pelikans must have be made of "fake" tortoiseshell.

Does anyone know if the old pelikans (400 brown tortoise for example) do have real tortoiseshell?

Pelikan nut

I must get this one!!

Preordered!!!

What kept you?

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I must get this one!!

Preordered!!!

What kept you?

Must've been napping!!

I must get this one!!

Preordered!!!

What kept you?

Must've been napping!!

HO HO HO! Hope you all have a good Christmas!

The Good Captain

Wow. So much for my New Years' Resolution to cut back on my pen buying this year... Does anyone know what color the cap will be? The write-up says, "perfectly complimented by dark brown resin parts" but when you zoom in on the picture, it sure looks black.

A life directed chiefly toward fulfillment of personal desires sooner or later always leads to bitter disappointment. -Einstein

Wow. So much for my New Years' Resolution to cut back on my pen buying this year... Does anyone know what color the cap will be? The write-up says, "perfectly complimented by dark brown resin parts" but when you zoom in on the picture, it sure looks black.

Well, I'm presuming it will be dark brown, like the other bits. Don't know for sure though - it will be a nice surprise when I open the box!

However, as for ink in it though; there's a different story. I've a couple in mind...

The Good Captain

I have a brown tortoise 400, the cap is really dark brown. Can look black on picture but u sure see its brown when u hold the pen.

Pelikan nut

My birthday is in September, but my BB is the 4th M800 b.t. preordered out of 90 pcs avalable at Niche Pens (according to Ross).

Will have to make up another excuse for it...

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

As it happens my birthday is in February.........!!

That's odd; mine's every year!

The Good Captain

It is the 175th birthday of the Pelikan firm next year (2013), I read a special Souverän is introduced for this reason; will that be the same pen as the mentioned brown tortoise?

"Le vase donne une forme au vide, et la musique au silence"

Georges Braque

It is a nice pen, but I am not going to pay +35% or more just for a pretty colour.

So I'll pass on this one.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~