Introducing our new WMD

Admin

Dear Good People of FPN,

we are happy to announce that the Admin team has acquired WMD. We can not divulge the details of the transaction, for obvious national security reasons, but we can say that our contacts are based in the EU. This WMD will hopefully help us conquer Europe.

A warm welcome to Wim the Mad Dutchman, the new member of the FPN Admin Team. :D

The FPN Admin Team.

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• smudgy

• Fulcanelli

• southpaw

Wow, what a coup! Look out world. Hide your ballpoints, we`re here, our pens are dear, GET OVER IT

ROFL. (too much time on my hands)

Karin (the mad Canuck)

KMC

:D :D :D :D

Fountain Pen Abundance

And now for the hat trick, Welcome Wim, from another crazy Canuck. :bunny1:

Never lie to your dog.

Hi Karin :bunny1: ,

Wow, what a coup! Look out world. Hide your ballpoints, we`re here, our pens are dear, GET OVER IT

ROFL. (too much time on my hands)

Karin (the mad Canuck)

KMC

:D  :D  :D  :D

Who's coup? :lol:

Wherever I go, ballpoints vanish :lol:

Warm regards, Wim the Mass Destroyer :D

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Keith,

But you're not the maddest Canuck...  :lol:
No, you're right, I reckon my wife is (born in Hamilton, Ontario). After all, she married the Mad Dutchman, almost 30 years ago :D.

Welcome to the asylum Wim.
Which one? :lol:

Thanks, and warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Leslie,

And now for the hat trick, Welcome Wim, from another crazy Canuck. :bunny1:

Thanks Leslie, from the mad one to another crazy :D!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Hi Denis,

A big Welcome to Wim the Warm Dutchman :D
Just flexing my newly acquired muscles, removing the spelling error from your post! :lol:

Thanks, Denis. My wife considers me to be a warm person, too, as in: the warm water bottle that comes at her beckoning. Just hope that is not what you intended here :lol:.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Congrats, Wim! :D

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Hi All Good People of FPN,

Maybe a reintroduction is at its place here. So I thought maybe I should supply one, before anybody else does :lol:.

As you may know by now, my first name is Wim, and my surname, Geeraets, is nearly unpronounceable for most English speakers (even for native Dutch speakers :lol: ), which is why I tend to use only the first letter of my surname most of the time. Hence, my user id of wimg. BTW, "Wim" in Dutch is pronounced as "whim" in English. Rather apt, I sometimes think :lol:.

I was born in the Netherlands, educated in the lovely town of Maastricht in the SE, where I got into contact with my first fountain pen, a yellow Pelikano with blue ink window and metal cap, after 4 years of dip pen torture :D. High school I managed to get through aided by a set of two piston fillers, writing mostly with Blue Black ink :D. Upon reaching the tender age of 18 left home to study, first in Groningen, in the North, and later in Utrecht, in the centre of the NL, where I obtained degrees in Geology. During my studies I abandoned my fountain pens, but not until I seduced my beautiful, Canadian-born wife Marcia with some hand-crafted, fountain pen written love letters, in violet ink on pink paper, to marry me :D.

Next we left the NL for South Africa, and I got into computing after a short period working as a (computer) geologist. Here, my first and only daughter was born, in the very artistic city of Cape Town. 10 years after arriving, we left again, for Britain this time, where I worked as a self-employed IT consultant. Then, seven years on, we moved back to the NL, back to the beautiful town of Maastricht, which hadn't changed all that much since I left it 25 years before. Upon my return I got myself a new fountain pen, but because of the trouble I had with it, it ended up somewhere in a drawer.

About two years ago, I happened to walk past the window of one of the best pen shops here in the NL, Mevri in Maastricht, where I saw the snakewood version of the Waterman Sérénité in the shop window. I had to go in there, to see it up close. That was it. Totally lost. It didn't work for me, because it was awkward to write with, for me at least. But it was here where I was introduced to the Waterman Edson, the self same pen that I got as a present a few months later, from a bunch of friends. I probably bored them to death with my talks of this pen :D, every time after I had gone back to admire and hold it, again, at least once every fortnight :D. They tried to shut my mouth, I guess, but didn't really know what they did cause in the end :D. Never looked back :D.

So here I am now, another one of those addicts, another member of Penaholics Anonymous. The pens I like most at the moment are Waterman Edsons, and Stipula Etrurias, with a smattering of Pelikans and several other Watermans and special nibbed pens thrown in for good measure. I especially like italics, if you hadn't noticed yet :D. And my favourite inks are Waterman and Noodler's, with a little PR and Sheaffer in between.

As a final anecdote: my nickname, the Mad Dutchman.

I consider this to be a badge of honour, given to me by people I worked with in the UK :D.

I happen to have a rather boisterous, loud laughter, and occasionally I get hysterical fits of laughter too. Now imagine a huge, 200 cubicle work floor, and me laughing hysterically, not being able to stop, for several hours in a row essentially, and making it impossible for everybody to continue working as a result of the accompanying noises. Tears streaming down my face, literally rolling on the floor. You have this image? Well, there it is: the Mad Dutchman :lol:.

Next, extend this to a puntering cum pick-nick session on the river Cam (in Cambridge, yes) with a bunch of people from the same office, me still in suit (the only one; as a result of being late, as usual), and yes, laughing my head off again, almost rolling of the little boat several times. Truly, the Mad Dutchman. They presented me with an inscribed plaque, testifying this, when I left... :lol:

Anyway, despite my weird background and behaviour :D, I hope I can and may be of help, and share some thoughts, on all kinds of pen related matter with all of you, here, on FPN.

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Hi Southpaw,

Congrats, Wim! :D
Thank you!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Guest Denis Richard
Hi Denis,
Just flexing my newly acquired muscles, removing the spelling error from your post! :lol:

You'll get tired of it before me :lol:

Guest Denis Richard

Wim,

looking at your reintroduction post, I wonder if there isn't a code hidden behind the smiley's pattern... a la "Bible Code"... :lol:

Denis.

Hi Denis,

Hi Denis,

You'll get tired of it before me :lol:

Yes, once was enough! :lol:

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Denis,

Wim,

looking at your reintroduction post, I wonder if there isn't a code hidden behind the smiley's pattern... a la  "Bible Code"... :lol:

Denis.

Yes, there is... :D

Laugh a little, love a little, live a lot...

Laugh a lot and loud, love a lot, live forever... :lol:

Warm regards, Wim

P.S.: and a lot of alliteration, too :lol:

the Mad Dutchman

Hi Cam,

Congrats Wim!
Thank you!

And Admin team -- good choice!! :)
Yes, and let them continue to think that, until it's too late! :lol:

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Warm regards, Wim the Mass Destroyer

I was wondering what WMD meant.

Thanks for clarifying.

Does this mean I have to be especially nice to you now?

:lol: :D :lol:

Seriously - congratulations.

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Warm regards, Wim the Mass Destroyer

I was wondering what WMD meant.

Derived from WtMD, which is what KCat called me originally (obviously, short for Wim the Mad Dutchman), and Cimarron Bill coined the WMD bit, after he heard my story about the Paker Lucky Curve from 1926 I managed to take to pieces, umm, pieces that weren't there before :D. I posted a picture of that poor pen here somewhere, in the thread about accidents...

Thanks for clarifying. 

Does this mean I have to be especially nice to you now? 

:lol:  :D  :lol:

You'd better be! :lol:

Seriously - congratulations.

Thank you, Vanessa! Much appreciated!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman