Ap For Cataloguing A Fountain Pen Collection

cwitek

I am intrested in knowing if there is an ap for ipad to catalouge a fountain pen collection. Something that could store an image of the pen and description.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carlos.q

• cwitek

• jar

• Shaporama

I am intrested in knowing if there is an ap for ipad to catalouge a fountain pen collection. Something that could store an image of the pen and description.

Check out Bento for iPad. There is even a "pencil collector" template, or you can make/customize your own:

http://solutions.filemaker.com/database-templates/detail.jsp?serial=2549928

Disclaimer: no relation to Filemaker or Apple: just your usual mac addicted fountain pen user... :rolleyes:

Go to the "Downloads" tab. There is a link there to a fountain pen inventory data base created by an FPN member for other members.

Go to the "Downloads" tab. There is a link there to a fountain pen inventory data base created by an FPN member for other members.

Likely not going to run on an iPad.

My Website

Likely not going to run on an iPad.

It looks like the link is to a FileMaker "runtime" Database, and there is a version of FileMaker for the iPad. Still, I think the OP may be best sticking with Bento, and making their own DB to suit their needs.

Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

• 2 weeks later...

Any spreadsheet or database program should work.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your feedback. I have found that the Bento 4 suits my needs. Great to customise with to include photos and easy to use.

Regards

Chris

The downloadable FP/ink FM database will load into FM Pro on a Mac, and then can be put onto an iPad with the free FM iPad app. The catch is that since the original database wasn't designed to run on an iPad, he didn't have some selections available as menus and thus you can't access everything. And, because he has chosen to lock the source code, you can't change it to run on the iPad. I've been thinking of re-doing a FP/ink database in FM and leave it open source... but haven't had the time to learn yet-another-database-system :-)

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)