Pens in the pocket today

Keith with a capital K

Today will see me carrying another one of those cedar blue and sterling Parker 51's that is nearly identical to Denis' except that mine has the Canadian cap with the short deco clip and high placed blue diamond. It's filled with my own Capital blue ink and it has been fitted with a cursive italic nib.

It's partner will be the Parker Sonnet that Denis sent me and it will be feedig on Sheaffer burgundy although I am pondering filling it with Havana brown.

I think I will be well set for the day.

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Keith with a capital K

• KCat

• KendallJ

• Maja

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning Keith,

Today I have the same pens as last week except for the addition of a vintage Aurora 88P filled with of all things Waterman Purple. :o

Fountain Pen Abundance

Earlier today I was carrying a beautiful Gold basketweave Waterman L'Eton filled with Noodler's Gulf Stream. The nib is nice and precise with a good bit of flex.

I also had a Gold Cross Townsend (broad blue refill) for carbon copy forms.

Right now (at my second job) I have a Parker 51 (black) with an XF nib filled with Noodler's Black K ink and a Cross Solo Gel & BP set for carbon copy forms.

Well... I think with the right pharmaceutical support I'll be making it in to work today...

I'll resist the allure of the Skyline today and carry my beloved Copper Estie J (which was hanging out in the pen bag) and my Namiki VP.

This inks are Pelikan Brilliant Brown and "Capital" Blue.

I'm just wondering if anyone else matches their ink colours to their pens?

Cheers!

Guest Denis Richard

I've matched ink and pen a few times, but I have had a hard time re-reading my notes in silver ink :D

Today, in the pocket, the Cedar Blue "51"... you should all know by now, that I'll be a mono-maniac for few more weeks. I also have my trusted Sheaffer Triumph in my bag.

Denis.

Got a bad fever yesterday evening, but some light medication will do the trick for today... As I always tell my wife, if I stay in bed and I'm not active, then I'll really be sick :lol:

Edited by drichard

• 2 weeks later...

Again, my choice for this Thanksgiving day is a beautiful Waterman L' Etalon in gold Basketweave. The 18K nib, though fine, has a suprising amount of flex for a modern pen. .

Here is a picture of the pen, borrowed from Randall Gorman, whom I bought the pen from.

http://www.ramblingsnail.net/forums/uploads/1099192846/gallery_69_3_1099192846.jpg

T

his pen has a very nice balance, and writes a tad on the dry side though still very smooth. It is perfect for making notes in casebooks which have very thin paper (to accomodate the tomb-like number of pages). It is also a perfect pen for making enteries in Moleskin Journals.

It is loaded with Noodler's Gulf Stream ink.

Also in my pocket is a vintage Parker 51, black with a lustraloy cap. The nib is a firm XF, though it writes more like a Fine. It is loaded with Noodler's black WP ink. It is the perfect pen for making entries in my logbook at work.

(Yep, I am stuck at work on Thankgiving :( :( :( )

That is a mightty pretty pen and I am not even a huge fan of gold pens...

I'm going with the proven performers today, the pens in the pocket will be my faithful copper Estie J filled with Pelikan Brilliant brown and the Presentation Brown Skyline filled with Havana brown ink. There really isn't a day when that copper J isn't with me and I have been resisting the allure to use the Skyline so that a few other pens would get the chance to go to work.

The purse has had a few changes of late in that I've added a few Sheaffer NN's with some custom CI nibs in case I get the chance to play a little later on.

A friend of mine was cleaning out his fathers desk and came across a blue vac that wasn't in working order. He knew I collected fountain pens so he gave it to me. I sent it off to the FPH for repairs and it came back yesterday. Really nice and a fine point (I like to alternate nibs from pen to pen). the other is a burgundy vac that has been through 5 repairs and as it gets low in ink, STILL leaks. Beautiful writer...

Anyway, those two are in my pocket and a Namiki Impressions (always with PR Blue Suede

cheers

skyp

Those are magical words... "blue vac".

After the golden pearl Vacumatic I think the Azure Blue Vacumatic tops my list for my favourite vac colour.

Should you ever find one, a Vacumatic with a flexible nib is an absolute joy to use.

I feel like the odd man out here, but I don't rotate my pens as much as I used to, or as much as others do. Maybe it's just that my job sees me typng on a computer more than taking notes. Maybe I'm just lazy and don't like to clean them out.

Anyway, my pens are mostly holdovers from the last several weeks, it's just a question of which four make it into the pen case in the morning. :)

In the pocket today and used were:

1934 model B Esterbrook dollar pen in black w/3668 nib and pelikan black

1946 black 51 vac with CS black

dark blue 51 aero with rubinato blue - nice M/B nib on this one.

How did those 51's get in there?? ;)

Best-

Brian

www.esterbrook.net

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

I dunno really, I never really GOT 51's, couldn't see why people liked them. Today I was brainstorming and taking pages of notes on a new project I'm implementing. After three pages of frantic notes, I realized, dang, this 51 really keeps up. I switched to my B 3668 and my writing was instantly more legible. Out put was less, but easier to read for sure.

Who'd of thunk?

Best-

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

Guest Denis Richard

Today, the three favorites are right in front of me, on my desk : Wahl "All Metal", Sheaffer Triumph 1250, and Parker 51. They all have spent some time being the only user, for weeks, while I abandonned the other two. Now, they need to learn to share :lol:

Edited by Denis Richard

I dunno really, I never really GOT 51's, couldn't see why people liked them. Today I was brainstorming and taking pages of notes on a new project I'm implementing. After three pages of frantic notes, I realized, dang, this 51 really keeps up. I switched to my B 3668 and my writing was instantly more legible. Out put was less, but easier to read for sure.

Who'd of thunk?

Best-

Brian

i'm glad I'm not completely alone in this. I know they are solid pens and that they have some good qualities.

but I just can't like 'em. The look is just too bland for me. And I'm pretty much into bland.

My esties are pretty bland too i guess. A black desk set. a red late model cartridge pen with stainless cap. and a sort of seafoam/melamine green cartridge pen (the larger size.) No J's or S's or whatever. :P someday I hope to have a Copper J. Just 'cause i like the color. But it's a very low priority as I don't just love lever fillers.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

My current favorites are Pelikan M605 filled with Legal Lapis and Parker Super 21 with La Couleur Royale (courtesy of Andrew C) - it may be a mismatch since my Super 21 is blue, but I really like the ink with extra-fine line. I am getting a bottle of the ink :) I don't know but I do like the design of Parker 21 (and 51) and its nail-like (but smooth) nib. I might be able to get 51 soon B)

Edited by Taki

My favourites in the pocket are:

Kaweco Sport (the original, elegant one), because it is easily pocketable, with Pelikan 4001, royal blue, together with the matching mechanical pencil (because I like pencils)

Pilot VP, B nib, with converter, Waterman florida blue

At home I prefer sometimes my Montblancs, sometimes my Pelikan. It depends on the weather ... this week I am addicted to the VP (it is new, therefore attractive :blush: )

Hans-Peter

Today it was my 620 Athens with new Herbin turquoise.

Yesterday. Atlantica oro with Noodler's Blue/Black (which just might as well be Black)

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

i don't usually participate in these threads - technically i have access to all my pens every day.

Since yesterday though I've been using my cheapie little CGB 2500 (no longer made) and it is filled with Legal Lapis. I really love that ink. I hadn't used the pen in at least a week, probably longer. Just started right up.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

i don't usually participate in these threads - technically i have access to all my pens every day.

Since yesterday though I've been using my cheapie little CGB 2500 (no longer made) and it is filled with Legal Lapis. I really love that ink. I hadn't used the pen in at least a week, probably longer. Just started right up.

What is a CGB? and do you have a pic or link?

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

I always like to hear what pens make the cut when people are choosing which pens they are going to use for the day...

So... what are your pens in the pocket today and why are they there?

I'll add some pics later methinks...

Today is my receintly acquired Delta Newton Rollerball with a medium blue Parker Refill in it. The pen's size and shape are a treat and the refill is exceptionally smooth and doesn't feather on the cheap paper at work.

Kurt H