Diamine Music Collection Announced!

The Good Captain

Interesting set. (Let me drag the thread by its bootstraps to back to on topic, amusing as discussions of Frank Zappa are.... :rolleyes:)

Anyone know offhand if these are all completely new, different inks from the rest of Diamine's range? I've only tried a few Diamine inks so far. Or is it like a lot of the De Atramentis lines, in relabeling/repackaging existing inks? Also, what are the odds that these are limited edition inks that will *only* be sold in the set -- as opposed to eventually being available individually? I see myself having absolutely *no* use for the Wagner, for example -- and the Mozart is just not a color that grabs me (most "blood-red" inks fall into that category anyway). But some of the others -- Chopin and Handel, for example -- are quite interesting looking.

I also think that it's very interesting that several different companies have named an ink after Tchaikowsky -- and in every instance it's a *completely* different color: here it's a blue, whereas De Atramentis's is silver grey, and (IIRC) the Noodler's one is a pinkish purple. I suppose people will now point out the other composers that have multiple inks named after them, but Tchaikowsky is the one that resonates with me -- possibly because I like the De Atramentis version (the silver grey) so much (and maybe also a little because of the time of year, with ballet companies all over the place doing _The Nutcracker_ :blink:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• Renfield

• Cyber6

• lapis

Several of the colours look very similar to existing Diamine inks.

The Wagner, for example, looks just like Diamine Golden Brown when written with a medium nib on Rhodia 18 paper.

Interesting set. (Let me drag the thread by its bootstraps to back to on topic, amusing as discussions of Frank Zappa are.... :rolleyes:)

Anyone know offhand if these are all completely new, different inks from the rest of Diamine's range? I've only tried a few Diamine inks so far. Or is it like a lot of the De Atramentis lines, in relabeling/repackaging existing inks? Also, what are the odds that these are limited edition inks that will *only* be sold in the set -- as opposed to eventually being available individually? I see myself having absolutely *no* use for the Wagner, for example -- and the Mozart is just not a color that grabs me (most "blood-red" inks fall into that category anyway). But some of the others -- Chopin and Handel, for example -- are quite interesting looking.

I've been told that these are completely new colors, not just repackaged existing colors. It'll be interesting to compare them directly to see how close they are to existing ones though! At this time, it is just going to be sold as a complete, limited edition set. Should be around $90-100 in the US, give or take... still waiting to confirm final pricing here.

And I enclose some more information I received earlier today, from Phil Davies at Diamine. It's taken from the e-mail he sent.

Please see attached images of a new MUSIC SET set that will be available soon. The set is based on the theme of famous music composers. There are 10 x 30ml. glass cube bottles presented within a royal blue gift box and printed with a gold foil Diamine logo. Once opened the gift box shows the music symbol also in gold foil on the inside of the lid. The colours will be unique to the set and will not be sold separately, this product is not a Limited addition item. The retail price is £60.00 including Vat.

This product will be available in the UK W/C 17th December 2012, perhaps even earlier if possible, the sets will be available in the USA January 2013.

???

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

???

Limited edition - so no need to hurry, you will be able to get them later, too.

But I'll wait until they sell them seperately, I have no need for some of those inks and thus no interest in the whole box.

Greetings,

Michael

???

But I'll wait until they sell them seperately, I have no need for some of those inks and thus no interest in the whole box.

Just have a look at the comment from Phil Davies at Diamine; it' in the post above as well. I get the impression that these colours will NOT be sold separately at all. Certainly for the foreseeable future anyway. So buy one and 'compose' your words carefully!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I've been told that these are completely new colors, not just repackaged existing colors. It'll be interesting to compare them directly to see how close they are to existing ones though! At this time, it is just going to be sold as a complete, limited edition set. Should be around $90-100 in the US, give or take... still waiting to confirm final pricing here.

It will be good to have your versions in the interactive swab area Rachel, then we'll be able to have a better way of comparing the colours. That's something that I am not able to do, having only a very limited supply of inks.

For which my wife is eternally grateful!

The Good Captain

???

Just have a look at the comment from Phil Davies at Diamine; it' in the post above as well. I get the impression that these colours will NOT be sold separately at all. Certainly for the foreseeable future anyway. So buy one and 'compose' your words carefully!

Sorry, I should have put one of those in my post: :blush: / :crybaby:, because I had read the comment.

So: I'll still wait until they sell them separately.....

just for the record: the "addition" was not from me...

Greetings,

Michael

???

Sorry, I should have put one of those in my post: :blush: / :crybaby:, because I had read the comment.

So: I'll still wait until they sell them separately.....

just for the record: the "addition" was not from me...

I'm easily confused - it's an age thing!

That, or too much 4001.

The Good Captain

The Good Captain,

Thanks for displaying writing samples for those new inks. Many gorgeous colors there. I am sure most of those ink colors will be fantastic with flexible nibs ... and display nice shading. Can't wait to find out.

Kudos to the Diamine Ink company for making so many fountain pen enthusiasts happy with so many wonderful inks.

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

I apologize if this has been answered in another thread... but does anyone know when and where these inks will be available?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.

I apologize if this has been answered in another thread... but does anyone know when and where these inks will be available?

Any time now here in GB and January 2013 (approx!) in the US. Probably just a matter of logistics.

The Good Captain

www.writeherekitenow.co.uk

I ordered from here last night!!

My 'Local Shop'.

You'll never leave.

The Good Captain

I am gonna wait for the REAL muso's collection! Jimmy Page, Slash, Stones, Slade......*sigh* :drool:

and they do seem a bit pricey to me.

Edit: Sorry, THanks for this TGC!

Edited by Stompie

Wow! Thanks for this introduction! These inks look terrific. And I think I like the Tchaikovsky best, too. But the Wagner is intriguing.

Wagner, to me seems very similar like Pilot

Iroshuzuku's Ina-Ho. A color inspired from ripe rice fields.

I personally find it quite a light shade of golden-brown with

a fleeting hint of green. Quite light on saturation

for a FP ink in my opinion.

Wagner, to me seems very similar like Pilot

Iroshuzuku's Ina-Ho. A color inspired from ripe rice fields.

I personally find it quite a light shade of golden-brown with

a fleeting hint of green. Quite light on saturation

for a FP ink in my opinion.

Agreed.. There is only one ink that I am really interested, Wagner (gold/green). If I cannot buy them individually, then I will be quite content with the next best thing... Ina-Ho.

Or maybe a mix of Alt Goldgrun and DeAtramentis Gold will do the trick. :eureka:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,