Diamine Music Collection Announced!

The Good Captain

Today, I've received the go-ahead from to put the scans and a few comments, of the forthcoming new 'Music Collection' of inks from Diamine. As far as I'm aware, dealers have been informed about this exciting product launch and they will be available in a week or so.

There are ten inks in the set which are not going to be available separately. Packed in 30ml glass bottles in a 'collection' box, they promise to be a really exciting addition to the Diamine range and as far as I'm concerned, a set which will have boundless uses.

I'm not one for using a lot of colours but when I received these samples I really thought - WOW! - I will be able to get so much from these that I don't need to keep on wondering about sampling different inks.

So, here we go. Named after the following composers, is the 'Music Collection'. In no particular order they are:

Chopin, Strauss, Vivaldi, Schubert, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Handel, Beethoven, Wagner and Bach. I'll put the single ink scans in alphabetical order but the brief notes are in a sort-of colour range order; three to a sheet. I've used my normal Lamy Safari dip test unless indicated and of course, it's the good-old Rhodia No 16 pad.

fpn_1354742758__diamine_bach.jpg

fpn_1354742779__diamine_beethoven.jpg

fpn_1354742808__diamine_chopin.jpg

fpn_1354742825__diamine_handel.jpg

fpn_1354742845__diamine_mozart.jpg

fpn_1354742862__diamine_schubert.jpg

fpn_1354742882__diamine_strauss.jpg

fpn_1354742898__diamine_tchaikovsky.jpg

fpn_1354742915__diamine_vivaldi.jpg

fpn_1354742932__diamine_wagner.jpg

Initially, I selected Tchaikovsky as a favourite, as it's a 'blue' so next is a scan with a few comparisons.

fpn_1354744815__diamine_tchaikovsky_comparison-fpn.jpg

I also wrote a short sample of all the inks to send to Diamine and included each one written on Leuchtturm paper as well.

fpn_1354744846__diamine_music_collection_0001-fpn.jpg

fpn_1354744865__diamine_music_collection_0002-fpn.jpg

fpn_1354744899__diamine_music_collection_0003-fpn.jpg

fpn_1354744935__diamine_music_collection_0004_with_leuchtturm-fpn.jpg

I will eventually get round to writing a slightly longer piece on each, after my usual fashion but as I don't have inks that compare to some of the colours, that might not make particularly interesting viewing in some cases. Hope these are of use and I feel sure that they'll be popular!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• Renfield

• Cyber6

• lapis

Wow! Thanks for this introduction! These inks look terrific. And I think I like the Tchaikovsky best, too. But the Wagner is intriguing.

I can't stop buying pens and it scares me.

Thanks for the great preview. I doubt that I would be the entire collection but a few of those inks caught my eye.

Aren't Diamine inks just repackaged Akkerman inks? :D ;) :headsmack:

Ok, all kidding aside, Thanks for the preview, these look interesting! I wonder when they will be available in the US?

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Oh no! I like nearly all of them a LOT. Set of 10 did you say? (rummaging frantically to make room in ink drawer....)

Thanks for introducing them to us!

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

Love the Tchaikovsky, most of the rest aren't sufficiently different from inks I already have to buy the whole package though. I guess they didn't like Wagner much :), seems he would deserve something more bold.

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

Nice review GC...thank you. How do the Greens compare to the ones you already have?

I've got the Evergreen, Sherwood, Umber, Green-Black and Racing Green. In comparison to them, the Schubert is much bluer without being a turquoise and the Beethoven, much greener and brighter. But, the greens I already have are on the subdued side, aren't they so it's difficult to give a realistic comparison.

The Good Captain

Aren't Diamine inks just repackaged Akkerman inks? :D ;) :headsmack:

Ok, all kidding aside, Thanks for the preview, these look interesting! I wonder when they will be available in the US?

I doubt the Akkerman connection! Sounds double-Dutch to me.

However, as I understand it, the set will be available to Diamine dealers so wherever Diamine inks are available, in effect. I would also presume that Diamine will be selling them from their on line shop too but I don't know - yet!

The Good Captain

Damm

I just declared no more inks.

10 inks in 1 set? 30ml bottles...can't be more than £20-£25 can it?

There doesn't look like a bad ink in the lot.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

EEEK!

Many thanks for the preview / tease. :)

Inky goodness awaits . . .

But as Diamine is based in Liverpool, I wonder how it came to pass that there's no Lennon & McCartney ink? Or might that be another suite of inks??

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

EEEK!

Many thanks for the preview / tease. :)

Inky goodness awaits . . .

But as Diamine is based in Liverpool, I wonder how it came to pass that there's no Lennon & McCartney ink? Or might that be another suite of inks??

Bye,

S1

You never know...

...after all, the chaps at Diamine weren't born 'Yesterday'!!!!!

The Good Captain

And I enclose some more information I received earlier today, from Phil Davies at Diamine. It's taken from the e-mail he sent.

Please see attached images of a new MUSIC SET set that will be available soon. The set is based on the theme of famous music composers. There are 10 x 30ml. glass cube bottles presented within a royal blue gift box and printed with a gold foil Diamine logo. Once opened the gift box shows the music symbol also in gold foil on the inside of the lid. The colours will be unique to the set and will not be sold separately, this product is not a Limited addition item. The retail price is £60.00 including Vat.

This product will be available in the UK W/C 17th December 2012, perhaps even earlier if possible, the sets will be available in the USA January 2013.

And here are the pix of the set - I didn't take them!

fpn_1354795217__diamine_10_bottle_ink_set_top_box_image.jpg

fpn_1354795208__diamine_10_bottle_ink_set.jpg

Between my meagre attempts and Bhavna's wonderful reviews, we should have given you all a good taster!

I'll be doing my usual Clairefontaine dip sheets soon, on the rest of them.

The Good Captain

I love your overview - your Handel, Chopin and Vivaldi look much lighter than what I have experienced. What were your thoughts on Strauss?

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Nice inks! Is the next one going to be called "Brubeck"?

Dave

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I love your overview - your Handel, Chopin and Vivaldi look much lighter than what I have experienced. What were your thoughts on Strauss?

I do sometimes find that once scanned, my dipped Safari tests don't always come out as they originally looked, even though my calibration seems pretty fair to me. As I wrote the bit about the the Strauss, the words describe a colour which isn't like 'them' and not quite like yours either! On paper, the ink looks much more copper/orange but I can't refer to it right at this moment. As I only have Syrah, I've nothing remotely like it for comparison.

A great set of colours though.

The Good Captain

Great presentation, mate! And... 60 quid... can't complain about that

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)