• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• His Nibs

• brh

• jorgerp1

• MikeLip

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lamy Vista. Very inexpensive ($20 in the US, plus $5 for a converter) and a very nice writer. I bought one, my daughter took it, so I bought another! :)

Lamy Vista is a good starter pen. If you're not on that tight of a budget, here are some more, in increasing order of cost:

Visconti Van Gogh Crystal

Sailor 1911

Omas Ogiva Vision

Pelikan also makes some demonostrator pens in the 200, 400, and 600 sizes. See www.richardspens.com for some examples.

If you don't mind cartidge pens, the Reform Skywalker demonstrator is a great value for the under $10 range. I got mine at isellpens.com, usual disclaimer, I have to admit, it writes as well as some far more expensive pens.

Also, another vote for a Pelikan demonstrator- I have a M250 amber that never fails to fascinate me.

The Danitrio Fellowship

You could also try a Waterman like this.

somehow the link doesn't work. Just type in "Waterman Kultur" & "cristal" on ebay.com

link

You might also find this review interesting

review

Edited by Nellie

Not a full demonstrator as the cap and section are not clear, but the Recife Crystal is still a very cool pen, cartridge, converter, or EYEDROPPER fill! with a clear body. The cap comes in a variety of colors. Pen sells for under $100.00 and is a nice writer.

(Photo borrowed from

swisherpens.com)

Jim

post-34-1169087803_thumb.jpg

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

If you don't mind cartidge pens, the Reform Skywalker demonstrator is a great value for the under $10 range. I got mine at isellpens.com, usual disclaimer, I have to admit, it writes as well as some far more expensive pens.

Also, another vote for a Pelikan demonstrator- I have a M250 amber that never fails to fascinate me.

Hi,

I think the Tryphon bantam converter fits. :)

The Kaweco sport in transparent or the Ice colours are nice too. You can fit converters in them though. :(

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hola Jorge,

The Monteverde Artista is a new entry into the field.

http://www.hisnibs.com/ArtistaFPMain_small.jpg

Artista kit

Norman,

Thanks for pointing that one out! I generally like c/c pens, but don't really like a c/c demonstrator because the convertor looks tacked on, etc.. Looks like Monteverde really hit the details here! Right down to the transparent feed! This has a place on my to-buy list...

-brian

I just received a shipment of Artistas today and I discovered one of the really cool things that sets the Artista apart from a lot of the c/c demonstrators on the market: The twist knob on the converter is also transparent. This helps complete the totally see-through effect of the pen and allows the focus to be on the ink color used.

Uber-Cool!

James P.

Edited by James P

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

Hola Jorge,

The Monteverde Artista is a new entry into the field.

http://www.hisnibs.com/ArtistaFPMain_small.jpg

Artista kit

Norman,

Thanks for pointing that one out! I generally like c/c pens, but don't really like a c/c demonstrator because the convertor looks tacked on, etc.. Looks like Monteverde really hit the details here! Right down to the transparent feed! This has a place on my to-buy list...

-brian

Hi Brian,

Yes, Monteverde did a terrific job with the pen. I too was thrilled to see the transparent feed! :)

Regards,

Norman Haase

His Nibs.com

www.hisnibs.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HisNibs1

The Pilot Custom 823 is an interesting choice for a demonstrator. Very smooth writers with a big No. 15 Namiki nib, they come in clear, brown and dark gray versions. What is unique about this pen is the filler system - it's a vacuum filler. Really fun to watch the ink get sucked into the barrel when you push down the plunger. Big ink capacity.

Not a full demonstrator as the cap and section are not clear, but the Recife Crystal is still a very cool pen, cartridge, converter, or EYEDROPPER fill! with a clear body. The cap comes in a variety of colors. Pen sells for under $100.00 and is a nice writer.

(Photo borrowed from

swisherpens.com)

Jim

I think this pen looks very interesting... what are your thoughts on it? A min review if you will :D

Thanks

David Hughes

I have one of the Monteverde Artista pens and am quite pleased with it. The pen was clearly designed for people who want this type of pen. Monteverde did a good job as it is well thought out.

I posted some pics of my Vista at the photography thread here. I like the way the Vista looks, but some people don't. It is a great writer, though.

Doug

I just received a shipment of Artistas today and I discovered one of the really cool things that sets the Artista apart from a lot of the c/c demonstrators on the market: The twist knob on the converter is also transparent. This helps complete the totally see-through effect of the pen and allows the focus to be on the ink color used.

Uber-Cool!

James P.

Yes, I noticed that on Norman's photos too, which was why I actually mentioned the c/c thing in the first place... But then failed to mention that in my comment. Overall the thing looks like it was really made to be a demo, not made to be another pen that was then offered with some transparent parts. It would be great if somebody would do a review of one of these (hint hint..? :))

-brian

Would someone mind explaining exactly what a demonstrator is? I'm guessing that it has the same nib and mechanisms as the production model, but is made from a translucent or transparent material that allows you to see the entire pen. Why are demonstrators made? Are they also production models? Thanks.

Richard Binder has this note about demonstrators on his site:

A pen made of clear material or having slots or holes cut out of it to expose the internal parts to view. Modern “demonstrator” pens are usually intended for sale to the public, while vintage demonstrators were made so that dealers could show the features of standard pens to prospective purchasers.

A lot of people get them because they just can't resist their inner magpies. :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1:

Edited by helius

Guest Saints1976
Would someone mind explaining exactly what a demonstrator is? I'm guessing that it has the same nib and mechanisms as the production model, but is made from a translucent or transparent material that allows you to see the entire pen. Why are demonstrators made? Are they also production models? Thanks.

Here is a phote of the Pelikan M205 Demonstrator on the Niche Pensweb site