Just Arrived From Hamburg...

bsodmike

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8210/8241073736_8c1a82a61c_b.jpg

This is the second time as I wanted a more stubbier broad nib... it's absolutely perfect now cloud9.gif

First time I'm seeing this kind of acrylic packing case. The pen essentially floats between two layers of shrink-wrap; the dimensions of the pen cause it to stretch a bit...

I'm sure these would make great 'long term' storage cases, especially for sterling-silver pieces as there isn't much air trapped inside.

Edited by bsodmike

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

For sale: All in mint condition!! —Email me!

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.
  • * Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black and Turtle Brown FPs (Both M-nibs)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bsodmike

• tenney

• pmhudepo

• JLS1

Top Posters In This Topic

A close up of the amazing packing... (yeah, I'm more excited about that right now roflmho.gif) - I used my Agatha Vermeil for this 'test'...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8241134462_3aa60f3ce8_b.jpg

...and a quick an dirty sample of my penmanship that's still a work in progress bunny01.gif

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8207/8240067583_ac18ce125f_b.jpg

cloud9.gif

Edited by bsodmike

Patek Philippe Annual Calendar 5146J, Calatrava 5127R / Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15300ST / Montblanc: '80s 149 14C (F), 75th Anniv. RG O3B, 149 O3B & B, Meissen White B, Silver Barley B, Agatha SS M & Vermeil B, Dumas B, Verne B & others...

• * Nakaya Akatamenuri Writer Portable with Sterling Silver Snake stopper with Ruby eyes, 14k Elastic Soft nib.

Nice!

Thanks for sharing. Maybe it has got something to do with the customs, so they can see the content? Very transparant anyway.

Oh yes, congrats with the POA!

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

The first time it arrived last month, it came in this black container:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8241073036_ef4655b647_b.jpg

Hence, the surprise and excitement re. the new packing...roflmho.gif

Edited by bsodmike

Lovely pen combined with great handwriting and, to top it off, a super storage case :thumbup:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Lovely pen combined with great handwriting and, to top it off, a super storage case :thumbup:

+1! :thumbup:

Congrats on a beautiful pen, enjoy!!

Thanks for the kind compliments... I'm looking forward to writing some more with this beauty.

Nice - use it well! :thumbup:

BTW, could you tell us the other pens in the background of the first pic? (I'd love to have a desk w/that many nice MBs...)

Starting from the box, top left - Montegrappa Turtle Brown (M), MB Meissen White porcelain B nib, MB Sterling Silver Barley with MOP MB star and a 0.035ct G VVS2 channel set diamond in the clip. Next is a Jules Verne B-nib (Note: on loan from a very special friend), two caps for the 149 (clip engraved) and Dumas that are in my 149 pen stands - both B nibs. Back to the box- 149 OBBB nib, 149 Helmut Jahn Special Ed with OB nib. The right most 149 is my favourite and was a gift from my late father when I was 15 - it started it all! Has a 14C fine nib, with long tines dated to circa 1980s.

Tray from the very left: glimpse of my only ballpoint, the 100th Anniv starwalker, Agatha Christie Vermeil Ed. 4810 B-nib, Agatha Christie Sterling Silver B-nib, Octavian B-nib, Boheme Marron B-nib - soon going to a friend as I'm getting my Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black back in return so this is a re-swap. Next, Sailor 1911 Naginata Togi (M), Parker Duofold Centennial in Black/Gold (M), new, and marble blue (M) and was my Dad's. Far right, Pelkian M1000 (F).

I've got several of the older pieces reviewed on YouTube as well. Hoping to do a new review of all the recent pieces starting with the Meissen, Agathas, Dumas, and Octavian.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8483/8241609038_52e48a4347_b.jpg

Edited by bsodmike

Wonderful collection, bsodmike! The snake eyes on the silver Agatha Christie caught my attention :ninja:

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Wonderful collection, bsodmike! The snake eyes on the silver Agatha Christie caught my attention :ninja:

Cheers pmhudepo...

Heh.. there are days that happens to me as well! cloud9.gif

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8204/8232331992_fb8531fea9_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8202/8231268359_40356a623c_b.jpg

Edited by bsodmike

I would be just as excited over that case. I bought my wife a ring from Bulgari that came in a similar case and it is really cool to look at it floating in the box. I hope the pinstripe I am waiting for comes in that kind of case.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision." - Ayn Rand

I may be getting older, but I REFUSE to GROW UP!

Starting from the box, top left - Montegrappa Turtle Brown (M), MB Meissen White porcelain B nib, MB Sterling Silver Barley with MOP MB star and a 0.035ct G VVS2 channel set diamond in the clip. Next is a Jules Verne B-nib (Note: on loan from a very special friend), two caps for the 149 (clip engraved) and Dumas that are in my 149 pen stands - both B nibs. Back to the box- 149 OBBB nib, 149 Helmut Jahn Special Ed with OB nib. The right most 149 is my favourite and was a gift from my late father when I was 15 - it started it all! Has a 14C fine nib, with long tines dated to circa 1980s.

Tray from the very left: glimpse of my only ballpoint, the 100th Anniv starwalker, Agatha Christie Vermeil Ed. 4810 B-nib, Agatha Christie Sterling Silver B-nib, Octavian B-nib, Boheme Marron B-nib - soon going to a friend as I'm getting my Montegrappa Extra 1930 Bamboo Black back in return so this is a re-swap. Next, Sailor 1911 Naginata Togi (M), Parker Duofold Centennial in Black/Gold (M), new, and marble blue (M) and was my Dad's. Far right, Pelkian M1000 (F).

I've got several of the older pieces reviewed on YouTube as well. Hoping to do a new review of all the recent pieces starting with the Meissen, Agathas, Dumas, and Octavian.

Wow!!! That's a GREAT collection - thanks for sharing that with all of us!

(Wish I had friends who would lend me Writer's Editions and high-end Montegrappas - all I get lent is a ballpoint...and that's usually with a scowl and a hawk-like stare until I give the pen back! ;) )

Wonderful collection Mike :puddle: and as for those fantastic shirt pocket shots............ :notworthy1: :clap1:

Thank you very much for sharing.

Pavoni.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8483/8241609038_52e48a4347_b.jpg

Wow your pens are awesome. :notworthy1: The crystal one, spider one and snake head on the clip are the best! I like those pen stands as well. I was thinking of getting some of those for my pens.

Edited by Gryphon

§ "Explanations take such a dreadful time" §

This is the second time as I wanted a more stubbier broad nib... it's absolutely perfect now

Tell me more please... Did you send it in for a nib replacement to a "B" or "OB" or "BB"? Did it came back not stubbie (sp?) enough the first time or was it an "M" the first time? How did you specify it this time to get it the way you wanted it?

That Octavian looks great. As does your handwriting.

As for the packaging, it looks similar to what Pilot used for the matte black Vanishing Point a couple of years ago -- placed between two halves of soft plastic "wrap" such that the pen is shock mounted between the sheets and not touching any other object.

Added:

Oh, and did you send it (or bring it) directly to Hamburg or through your local MB boutique?

Thanks

Edited by tenney

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

This is the second time as I wanted a more stubbier broad nib... it's absolutely perfect now

Tell me more please... Did you send it in for a nib replacement to a "B" or "OB" or "BB"? Did it came back not stubbie (sp?) enough the first time or was it an "M" the first time? How did you specify it this time to get it the way you wanted it?

That Octavian looks great. As does your handwriting.

As for the packaging, it looks similar to what Pilot used for the matte black Vanishing Point a couple of years ago -- placed between two halves of soft plastic "wrap" such that the pen is shock mounted between the sheets and not touching any other object.

Added:

Oh, and did you send it (or bring it) directly to Hamburg or through your local MB boutique?

Thanks

Hi Glen - I've sent my MBs across previously via the boutiques when possible, but I've since moved back home and there are no boutiques here. Therefore, I simply couriered it to my contact at MB. The first time I received it, the nib was changed to a B but I found it to lack the line variance I had come to love that my Agatha SS has (also nib swapped).

So, this time I sent them a writing comparison between the Agatha and the B-nib on the Octavian, then I had MB also send me a writing sample the second time round. Based on a two-week wait, it was obvious that they needed some time to find the kind of nib I was looking for bunny01.gif

Yes, 'shock mounting' is a very good way to describe it. Thanks!

Edited by bsodmike

Wonderful collection Mike :puddle: and as for those fantastic shirt pocket shots............ :notworthy1: :clap1:

Thank you very much for sharing.

Pavoni.

Thanks Gouy :)