The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Care Of Rose Gold Nibs

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41

I had (and have since sold) the OMAS 360 in translucent blue with rose gold nib and trim. I never had any problems with it, and so far as I know neither does the current owner. So whatever the issue is, it doesn't seem to strike every pen. Either there are a few inks which attack rose gold, or those with problems have/had pens with a plating defect of some sort or another.

Sponsored Content

#22 gentlewarrior6

gentlewarrior6

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:45

I have the same problem with an Omas 360 vintage..... No harsh ink use. Usually just pilot or MB inks, and it started to flake after about 8 months.....
The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

#23 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,989 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:57

i was just about to say... same story with my bellini. i bit the bullet and ordered a replacement nib from stipula ( (not that cheap at 25 euros--a 1.1 stub, which was what i should've gotten in the first place), but now i have to be very careful with it.

I had similar experience with a Stipula Bellini. The rose gold on the nib flaked and discolored. Last rose gold for me.

Edited by penmanila, 05 December 2012 - 04:58.

#24 H. Lime

H. Lime

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11

Well, Marco suggests to send to Omas and have them replace the nib.

A fool and his money are soon parted: Montegrappa 300, Waterman Expert II, Omas Ogiva Autunno, Omas 555/S, Omas 557/S, Omas Ogiva Scarlet, Waterman Patrician Agate, Montblanc 144, Omas Ogiva Arco brown.

#25 H. Lime

H. Lime

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 13:29

Came back from Omas, good as new. Now inked with Akkerman's Bezuidenwoudgroen (no. 27).

A fool and his money are soon parted: Montegrappa 300, Waterman Expert II, Omas Ogiva Autunno, Omas 555/S, Omas 557/S, Omas Ogiva Scarlet, Waterman Patrician Agate, Montblanc 144, Omas Ogiva Arco brown.

#26 nicholasyeo

nicholasyeo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2013 - 13:37

Wow, this is worth noting... thanks for sharing.

Sponsored Content

|