#21 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:41

I had (and have since sold) the OMAS 360 in translucent blue with rose gold nib and trim. I never had any problems with it, and so far as I know neither does the current owner. So whatever the issue is, it doesn't seem to strike every pen. Either there are a few inks which attack rose gold, or those with problems have/had pens with a plating defect of some sort or another.

#22 gentlewarrior6

gentlewarrior6

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:45

I have the same problem with an Omas 360 vintage..... No harsh ink use. Usually just pilot or MB inks, and it started to flake after about 8 months.....
The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

#23 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:57

i was just about to say... same story with my bellini. i bit the bullet and ordered a replacement nib from stipula ( (not that cheap at 25 euros--a 1.1 stub, which was what i should've gotten in the first place), but now i have to be very careful with it.

I had similar experience with a Stipula Bellini. The rose gold on the nib flaked and discolored. Last rose gold for me.

Edited by penmanila, 05 December 2012 - 04:58.

Check out <a href="http://www.penmanila.ph" target="_blank">my blog </a> and <a href="http://www.flickr.co...7602068230852/" target="_blank">my pens</a>

#24 H. Lime

H. Lime

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11

Well, Marco suggests to send to Omas and have them replace the nib.

A fool and his money are soon parted: Montegrappa 300, Waterman Expert II, Omas Ogiva Autunno, Omas 555/S, Omas 557/S, Omas Ogiva Scarlet, Waterman Patrician Agate, Montblanc 144, Omas Ogiva Arco brown.

#25 H. Lime

H. Lime

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 13:29

Came back from Omas, good as new. Now inked with Akkerman's Bezuidenwoudgroen (no. 27).

A fool and his money are soon parted: Montegrappa 300, Waterman Expert II, Omas Ogiva Autunno, Omas 555/S, Omas 557/S, Omas Ogiva Scarlet, Waterman Patrician Agate, Montblanc 144, Omas Ogiva Arco brown.

#26 nicholasyeo

nicholasyeo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2013 - 13:37

Wow, this is worth noting... thanks for sharing.