The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Rare St Dupont Red Xl Montparnasse Pen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 iveyman

iveyman

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 17:04

Here is a new acquisition of mine -- a rare ST Dupont red XL Montparnasse pen (see photos below). It comes with an 18K medium nib, CC filler which I like for ease of cleaning and changing inks. The Chinese lacquer is exquisitely done and is warm to the hand. The pen is an excellent smooth writer, smooth as butter and is always on every time, from the moment I took it out of the box and inked it up. I filled it with one of my favourite inks, Noodler's Liberty Elysium. It arrived by courier from France, carefully wrapped. I am going to use it every day. I am a very happy man for adding this wonderful pen to my growing collecion of ST Dupont pens (1) Montparnasse amber Chairman pen (2) Montparnasse XL Forest Green pen (3) Montparnasse XL red pen (4) Limited Edition XL Opus X pen, serial 162/400 (5) Limited Edition XL Vertigo II pen, serial 389/400

Attached Images

• STDupontRed3.JPG
  • STDupontRed4.JPG
  • STDupontRed2 (2).JPG
  • STDupontRed5.JPG

Edited by iveyman, 29 November 2012 - 17:10.

Sponsored Content

#2 Pentulant

Pentulant

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 17:10

Stunning.
pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>
President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

#3 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2012 - 17:45

I have long thought that was one of the prettiest of the Montparnasse and Orpheo/Olympio finishes.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#4 chad234

chad234

Pen Obsessed

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 23:42

Gorgeous, and like all ST Duponts a wonderful writer.

#5 gutguido

gutguido

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 00:29

Truly a rare find. Thanks for sharing!

#6 govindbn

govindbn

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:21

Love the red/gold combo. The pattern makes it even more stunning ! I've no knowledge about this brand. Can someone tell me why Dupont FP are so expensive? Are they all LE's?

#7 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:34

Love the red/gold combo. The pattern makes it even more stunning ! I've no knowledge about this brand. Can someone tell me why Dupont FP are so expensive? Are they all LE's?

They are very labor intensive and ST Dupont pays attention to even the most mundane of details. The insides are finished to the same standard of what shows. Simply hold one, cap and uncap it and you will be sold.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#8 Hex

Hex

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 18:35

Oh my, I am dazzled.
Hex, aka George