The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Very Plain Gold Seal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ljwahl

ljwahl

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 22:12

Found this recently, and am very interested to read what others think-- the only thing I could find is a little blurb on Richard Binder's site (on his personal collection pages). Like his, mine is the Skyline color dubonnet red, but mine has a different nib. Instead of his Skyline-looking nib, mine has the earlier style breather hole and font, but no "Gold Seal" text. Couple of additional points: the colored part of the section is burgundy to match the body, and the body imprint is "WAHL EVERSHARP" and on a second line "MADE IN USA"

Very nice broad manifold nib...

Any insight would be appreciated!

IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_0902.JPG

Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 jonveley

jonveley

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:42

They came in maroon, black and (I believe) navy blue. I say "I believe" because I've got a couple and I've never been completely sure whether it's navy blue or faded black.

They came with and without gold seals - at least on the pencils.

As far as a name for them goes, I don't think anyone knows. This one has come up before, with no resolution on that point. I'd say it falls chronologically in the transitional era between the Doric and the Skyline.

#3 ljwahl

ljwahl

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 20:52

Thanks, Jon.

Been enjoying this, even if it has no name!

Sponsored Content

|