FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Where To Find Solid Orange And Solid Green Acrylic Blanks?
Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:59
Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:20
Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:50
I have a lot of the Green PVC sewer pipe (virgin ) our town uses that look approximately like the solid green on the AAP site. Your area may use the same and when they are laying new or upgrading the system there are always offcuts free for the asking. If you can't find any we can work something out.
Just steer clear of the green pipe with brown swirls?
Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:05
Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:36
Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:40
Thanks guys. Have you tried the delvies acrylic? I'm a little confused because it says translucent but solid in parenthesis. I'm looking for a solid opaque material.
On Delvie's site, the 'Translucent' and Pearl Acrylics are solid colored, the Transparent and Fluorescent Acrylics are transparent.
Penn State Industries also carries solid color pen blanks and Tap Plastics carries a limited range of acrylic rod.
Edited by paultyler_82, 19 December 2012 - 01:50.
Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:44
Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:41
I got a bunch of rods yesterday - that orange and green are PRETTY. The orange is almost day-glo, though.
Personally, Shawn, I love the look of the 2092 Green, 2423 Red, and 2422 Amber transparent rods... I have some ideas for when I finally have a workshop put together. Those three would be perfect for incorporating ink windows, transparent sections, or hidden windows into a pen that are coordinated with the rest of the pen, much like Pelikan's Toledo series.
On those solid plastics, most of the bright colors are much brighter than they look on the site. I've worked with those number-colored acrylics in things other than pens and seen them in person. I wish someone would make some more unique, retro style colored acrylics... guess I'm going to end up having to pour my own if I want things like Olive or Dove Grey.
Edited by paultyler_82, 19 December 2012 - 02:44.
Posted 22 December 2012 - 15:37
Visit my site at
Handcrafted Fountain & Dip Pens
Posted 22 December 2012 - 15:47