Your Favorite Sheaffer Fountain Pen

Nathaniel Harter

In 1960, my parents gave me a PFM I, when I started high school.

I still use the pen as part of my rotation; works really well.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2731/4282851829_5244fd333e_b.jpg

Man, I had a PFM I just like that and let it go! :bonk:

It's nice to see there's still people who draw (printed) books from the library. Congratulations :thumbup:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bernardo

• idazle

• georges zaslavsky

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have two favourites.An old made in Canada, Sheaffer lever fill that I used back in high school and a made in Canada Sheaffer Snorkel.

On my first message I lied my favorite is my slim white fashion with a converter from Pendemonium.

Nathaniel Harter
Sheaffer Pen Museum Volunteer
spmlogofpn.png

• 2 weeks later...

I second the 1948 Vac Fills

I love the full size, wide banded Valiant IIs and Crests and hope to pick up an elusive $50.00 gold capped Crest; the last time I saw one, the seller on ebay didn't know that it was a 14k cap and the pen sold for only $110...

Hi,

For me, the Sheaffer that I like the most is a PFM V with a factory BBB stub nib. It writes really smooth!

I love my Sheaffer Targas too.

fpn_1357423792__019bis.jpg

Great collection you have, almost got me a blue 1036 Targa but was overbid on Ebay. Oh well I am waiting on a Targa with black finish to arrive (1056) and a gold plated 1007.

Martin

Oversize Balance in Carmine Striated with a medium/fine Lifetime nib. Great writer, gorgeous to look at, and feels wonderful in the hand.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Great collection you have, almost got me a blue 1036 Targa but was overbid on Ebay. Oh well I am waiting on a Targa with black finish to arrive (1056) and a gold plated 1007.

Martin

Thanks! The Targa 1036 blue ronce is one of the most sought after, and rightly so, with the 1024 sterling silver is my favourite Targa. Rock on!!!

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

Sheaffer Legacy 2.

My first Sheaffer, my first proper fountain pen. Trying to find a pen which I like as much after losing my Legacy is what got me into fountain pens and this forum. And I have finally found one: It is a Sheaffer Legacy 2...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/matthewsno/DSCN0446_zpsb9c09c7f.jpg

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

As a FP lover & collector this is my new first Sheaffer which I bought yesterday. I prefered Valor Fountain Pen Black With 22K Gold Plate Trim M nib :puddle: any sugesstions for ink ? :eureka:

I should probably say it's my NOS Snorkel Sentinel pen/pencil set in Fiesta red, but I don't use it, so I'm not sure if that counts.

For a user, I'd have to say my Sentinel with an X5 nib. Love that pen.

post-7160-0-81617000-1361248220.jpg

Edited by TULIP

• 4 weeks later...

I love my valor. got it for Christmas a few years ago and it has become one of my most used pens. Im using it right now to do my homework!

I have a targa also that is a close second.

Valor here too. I have several Legacies but the Valor balances so well when it's posted, that's a big feature for me.

Sterling Silver Imperial Touchdown. So reliable. So comfortable. It's one of my favorite pens of any brand.

A beautiful blue ronce lacquer Targa that I picked up as NOS when I finally saw an offer after searching for one quite a while.

Either that or the little transparent purple cartridge pen, the last of those I bought before they were discontinued (the type I wrote with daily from about 1960 into the 90's).

A beautiful blue ronce lacquer Targa that I picked up as NOS when I finally saw an offer after searching for one quite a while.

One of my favourite pens ever. I've got two Laque Blue Ronces, both bought as NOS.

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

fpn_1364063677__autograph_balance_close_up.jpgIt is difficult to pick a favorite, but this one certainly is among the favorites.

I like the OS Balance models and also autographs. This OS Balance Autograph was a surprise gift from my former father in law who found it in the wild in AZ.

The pen was nice and wrote nice, but after being "Binderized" at a DC Supershow it is now also one of the smoothest writing Sheaffer I have.

fpn_1364063630__autograph_balance.jpg

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

• 11 months later...

My fleet, updated...

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/SAM_2841_zpsd47e34da.jpg

From left to right...

- Sheaffer Craftsman

- Sheaffer Balance Lifetime (vac fill)

- Sheaffer Statesman (vac fill)

- Sheaffer Admiral Snorkel

- Sheaffer Imperial 500 (touchdown)

- Sheaffer Imperial Triumph (touchdown)

- Sheaffer PFM III (snorkel)

- Sheaffer Stylist (C/C)

- Sheaffer Targa 1001 (C/C)

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!