• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bernardo

• idazle

• georges zaslavsky

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite Sheaffer, as well as one of my all time favorites, is my gold filled Sheaffer Targa. A coworker gave it to me. It was his old pen that he no longer wanted.

It's a toss up between my Sheaffer Prelude and the Sheaffer Balance II. The Balance gets used more, overall. The Prelude functions the way it was engineered to work whereas the Balance still needs some restoration to function as well.

Sheaffer Connaisseurs. They are my favourite pens bar none. Beautiful, great nibs and CC fillers which is a great plus for me. A few Conns. in a pen case and some spare cartridges in a Sheaffer Brass cartridge holder case and I am good to go.

post-14023-0-46443400-1353820602.jpg

post-14023-0-10058200-1353820773.jpg

post-14023-0-29975000-1353820800.jpg

I don't like demonstrators, remind me too much of syringes - unless they are blue :) . The silver set is a FP and prototype pencil.

Stay well,

Solomon

WTB: Unusual and prototype Sheaffer Connaisseurs, Grande Connaisseurs and Parker Premiers.

Actually my favorite Sheaffer pen is one that I bought at the Columbus Pen Show this year but I unfortunately do not know what model it is but will do my best to describe it.

It is a black pen with an aluminum cap...triumph nib...lever fill...white dot on very bottom of barrel...it looks just like a sentinel but it is lever fill. Anybody have an idea of the model would appreciate it.

Great nib perfect size and weight

Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys - P. J. O'Rourke

Actually my favorite Sheaffer pen is one that I bought at the Columbus Pen Show this year but I unfortunately do not know what model it is but will do my best to describe it.

It is a black pen with an aluminum cap...triumph nib...lever fill...white dot on very bottom of barrel...it looks just like a sentinel but it is lever fill. Anybody have an idea of the model would appreciate it.

Great nib perfect size and weight

Sentinel Triumphs came in lever, Vacfil and TD models.

My Website

Sheaffer Connaisseurs. They are my favourite pens bar none. Beautiful, great nibs and CC fillers which is a great plus for me. A few Conns. in a pen case and some spare cartridges in a Sheaffer Brass cartridge holder case and I am good to go.

I don't like demonstrators, remind me too much of syringes - unless they are blue :) . The silver set is a FP and prototype pencil.

Stay well,

Solomon

Nice Connaisseur collection! I have one, and it is a very nice writer. I love how wet the nib is, and the barrel is very comfortable.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

My favorite Sheaffer is my oversized Black Balance Vac Fill with a lovely upturned nib . . .

No, its not . . . my favorite Sheaffer is a sweet blue PFM III with spectacular fine, inlaid nib that lays down a nice wet line . . .

No, wait!, my new favorite Sheaffer is a NOS Legacy Heritage that I snagged off eBay for less than $60 last week . . .

Awww, I give up!

It's a three-way tie: 1939 Balance with Lifetime nib, 1948 oversize Vac-Fil with Triumph nib, and 1959 PFM III with inlaid nib.

Carpe Stilo

My favorite would have to be my blue PFM III with my name engraved on it - it was my dad's back in the day and we share the same name. He never really used it, but I sure do, thanks to the expert restoration by Roger W.

I normally have another snorkel inked up at all times as well, usually a Statesman or a Sentinel.

It's a three-way tie: 1939 Balance with Lifetime nib, 1948 oversize Vac-Fil with Triumph nib, and 1959 PFM III with inlaid nib.

Normally you have to pay extra for that - sorry, channeling the Dodgeball movie.

My favorite is a first-year Clipper Snorkel with a PdAg Triumph nib.

Stay well,

Solomon

A lovely collection indeed.

I don't mean this to be a silly question but ... why so many of the same model? Even the various different colours are replicated.

Write on!

Alan

To err is human. To errrrrrrr is confusion.

fpn_1376577066__new_signature.jpg

Two weeks ago, I had just one Sheaffer pen... An Imperial VIII cap+barrel gold filled. Today I have FIVE pens... My stuff:

Imperial VIII GF

Targa 1001

Admiral Snorkel

Lifetime Balance Vac Fill

PFM

It is a very difficult task to say how is my favourite...

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

I am especially partial to any vintage Sheaffer's from the 1920-30's with a large Lifetime nib and lever fill. These pens are stone simple, over-built, used high quality materials and have stood the test of time ... not to mention they can be great writers and hold a ton of ink. :thumbup:

Edited by PenFisher

My favorite would have to be my blue PFM III with my name engraved on it - it was my dad's back in the day and we share the same name. He never really used it, but I sure do, thanks to the expert restoration by Roger W.

I normally have another snorkel inked up at all times as well, usually a Statesman or a Sentinel.

How cool is that! :) I love my PFM 3, but it doesn't have that kind of relative significance to me.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)