Top Posters In This Topic

• baf

• Dillo

• BKJ

• HyperCamper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

…continue!

This is an interesting web-site attended the most amiable persons who know to bottom the world of the pen and therefore I ask as never I find null nearly on Manos; this pen for me represents a mystery, dulls outside from the dusk of the history, has not found notiziie, designs catalogues, null... as it is possible?

Hi,

If you know Italian, you could write this post in Italian which I can understand. Then I will respond in English.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi,

my son laughed a lot because of the e-mail I wrote you. Excuse me for the horrible english:

Ho acquistato recentemente alcune penne stilografiche Manos-Austria. Come si possono aprire per sostituire la vescica dell'inchiostro? Mi domando inoltre perché non si trovano notizie, disegni su questa penna, pur essendo abbastanza difficile da trovare. Mi rivolgo a questo sito per cercare informazioni o luoghi dove trovare le notizie.

Thanks a lot

Fabrizio

Hi,

How does the pen fill? Again answer in Italian, then I'll see what needs to be done to your pen. :)

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

This is the Manos.

Se ruoti la rotellina in fondo alla penna, la vescica dovrebbe strizzarsi e rilasciando la rotellina dovrebbe caricare l'inchiostro, se ho capito bene.

post-21-1169060224_thumb.jpg

By the way: welcome to FPN, Fabrizio! :)

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Yes, welcome Fabrizio - and a warm welcome to your son who I suspect has assisted with the English posts - his English is excellent, and I suspect yours would pick up quickly if you continued practising in english on the board.

By all means continue in Italian with Dillo, but please don't be afraid to chat with the rest of us in English. We'll be patient... :)

Best Regards,

Gerry

It sounds like a twist-filler. Try to unscrew the grip section to see if it comes off. Some grip sections pull out instead of unscrew and some grip sections unscrew in the opposite direction.

Dillon

Dillon

Hello Dillon,

finalmente ho un momento per risponderti e ringraziarti della tua disponibilità e velocità nella risposta alla mia domanda. È vero, facendo come mi hai suggerito sono riuscito a capire (grazie alla traduzione del figlio "ridanciano") come si carica. La penna è in perfetto stato nonostante gli anni e sembra trattenere perfettamente il liquido. Rimane la mia curiosità storica su questa penna. Alcuni simpatici e cortesi ospiti di questo forum, in un altro topic, si sono congratulati con me per l'avatar, li ringrazio. Appena riesco a prendere il figlio gli faccio tradurre una lettera di ringraziamenti di 4 pagine, vediamo se ride ancora!

Ti saluto e ti ringrazio

Fabrizio :)

A proposito di avatar, ho notato il tuo Dillon, è molto significativo; fa pensare a quello che ci aspetta ogni giorno e al perché ci aspetta.

Ciao

• 11 months later...

HELLO

I have one of these pens and can't figure out hoW its supposed to fill ?Can i get a brief explanation in english please

thanks

keith

They are twist fillers - turn the nob at the end one way and it empties, turn the nob the other way and it fills.

Be warned - I have one like this, and it does not work by capillary action. You have to turn the nob to push a drop of ink into the feed, write for a while, then turn the nob again to get more ink to the feed. They were not particularly valuable pens.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

I have another one, and it has been sitting in my bench for months. I just cannot figure out how to open it: nothing that twists off, no visible separation between section and body... Quite the enigma.

E, Fabrizio, benvenuto nell forum.

The problem with ideas is that good ideas and bad ideas look about the same until you put them into practice.

• 11 months later...

I have one of these too- I got it as the only bidder on an auction for $0.99. The feed is bizzare, and it seems to be made of chased celluloid. Are we sure it's a twist filler? It seems to be a piston filler, and I've seen other German piston fillers with a similar barrel end. I can feel a cork/seal moving up and down the pen. Mine actually draws in some water OK, but I'm sure it needs to be properly recorked.

The nib it came with was steel and completely corroded. An weird little pen, to be sure.

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

I have one of these too- I got it as the only bidder on an auction for $0.99. The feed is bizzare, and it seems to be made of chased celluloid. Are we sure it's a twist filler? It seems to be a piston filler, and I've seen other German piston fillers with a similar barrel end. I can feel a cork/seal moving up and down the pen. Mine actually draws in some water OK, but I'm sure it needs to be properly recorked.

The nib it came with was steel and completely corroded. An weird little pen, to be sure.

My nib appears to be gold plated but it is also corroded and/or encrusted with ink residue. If your nib is not pitted and rusted to bad there is a way to get the rust off of it that museums use but if it is plated it might also remove that. I use it to derust tools that I restore, it's called electrolysis. I have thought about using it on some of my FP nibs.

If you are interested I can explain how to do it.

Bruce

• 6 years later...

I have one of these pens - it looks perfect, but has no Nib. Any idea which Nib I should use?

Rob