Moleskine Hobbit Notebooks

Tulku

The cover design looks nice - but I find it bemusing that they don't show a picture of the cover without the paper wrap!

Pleased to read the above ink/Moleskine tips, though.

I'm finding the 2013 range the worst paper yet.

Enjoy!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Good Captain

• 79spitfire

• Renfield

• daTomoT

The cover design looks nice - but I find it bemusing that they don't show a picture of the cover without the paper wrap!

Pleased to read the above ink/Moleskine tips, though.

I'm finding the 2013 range the worst paper yet.

Enjoy!

Actually, most Moleskine notebooks are shown with paper bands on, as are Leuchtturm. Just check Bureau Direct, Write Here, The Writing Desk and even Amazon. An exception is Rhodia but - 'quelle surprise' - their web notebooks have the name 'subtly' embossed on the front. Sorry but I refuse to call them 'webbies'. A bit too much like a term for ducks. Or Lloyd Bridges. Or Jacques Cousteau. You get the picture.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

One Ink to rule them all, One Ink to Bind Them?

(I can't believe I am the first one with that bad pun!)

That is absolutely awful!

The Good Captain

That was my point. :)

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Naughty, naughty, naughty. As it happens, we're off to see the film tomorrow, all being well. It'll entertain by brother-in-law and his wife. According to the BBC it could be a 'wet play' afternoon anyway!

At least we got the 'concessionary' rates!

The Good Captain

Naughty, naughty, naughty. As it happens, we're off to see the film tomorrow, all being well. It'll entertain by brother-in-law and his wife. According to the BBC it could be a 'wet play' afternoon anyway!

I will be seeing it tomorrow, as the family want to see it. I am reluctant.

But considering this movie only gets you up to the end of Chapter 6 in the book, and each page is represented by 1 min 27 secs, I would be quicker reading it :)

I feel a lot of padding will be present.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

But considering this movie only gets you up to the end of Chapter 6 in the book, and each page is represented by 1 min 27 secs, I would be quicker reading it :)

You're dead right! I have just read it again - the last time was in 1974 - and I can't see how they are going to make three long films out of it. Padding: I'm expecting a full upholstery job!!!

The Good Captain

You're dead right! I have just read it again - the last time was in 1974 - and I can't see how they are going to make three long films out of it. Padding: I'm expecting a full upholstery job!!!

Full cushy tuck and roll upholstery....

FWIW, I thought the pun was funny... Oh I liked the movie, the only parts that were annoying were some of the down right added in characters, there was a reason they never made it out of Toliken's notes....

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

FWIW, I thought the pun was funny... Oh I liked the movie, the only parts that were annoying were some of the down right added in characters, there was a reason they never made it out of Toliken's notes....

If we say that some form of humour is 'terrible' here in GB, that's actually a pretty high accolade, actually. The pun was and still is funny. Just the way we use English.

The Good Captain

If we say that some form of humour is 'terrible' here in GB, that's actually a pretty high accolade, actually. The pun was and still is funny. Just the way we use English.

It was indeed just waiting to happen, though I'm surprised Renfield, who really isn't one for Tolkien was the one to say it! Anyway, is it not strange that we should post so many replies over so small a pun (reference, anybody? :ltcapd: )

Please check out my blog, datbookreviews, for all Fiction and Fantasy book reviews!

Now with Increasing Fountain Pen Related Posts!

Pelikan M200, Hero 608, Parker IM, Serwex 162, Manuscript Calligraphy Pen, Lamy Vista, Guanleming 956, Mabie Todd 200/60, Noodler's Konrad. Grail Pen: Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian.

It was indeed just waiting to happen, though I'm surprised Renfield, who really isn't one for Tolkien was the one to say it! Anyway, is it not strange that we should post so many replies over so small a pun (reference, anybody? :ltcapd: )

Its Not the size of your pun, its what you do with it.....

Its Not the size of your pun, its what you do with it.....

Aha, indeed.

Please check out my blog, datbookreviews, for all Fiction and Fantasy book reviews!

Now with Increasing Fountain Pen Related Posts!

Pelikan M200, Hero 608, Parker IM, Serwex 162, Manuscript Calligraphy Pen, Lamy Vista, Guanleming 956, Mabie Todd 200/60, Noodler's Konrad. Grail Pen: Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian.

I know Moleskines are evil . . . BUT as a Middle Earth geek, I had to have this. Fortunately I have plenty of Iron Gall inks I can use! LOL

Well as they also say, "The pun is mightier than the sword."

And we all quite enjoyed the film this afternoon. Hobbit-forming.

The Good Captain

:headsmack:

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif

Glad you liked it. I didn't get to see it today as the wife wasn't feeling to good. Oh well, you know what they say about marriage....

In Sickness and in elf....

Glad you liked it. I didn't get to see it today as the wife wasn't feeling to good. Oh well, you know what they say about marriage....

In Sickness and in elf....

Perhaps you are right - 'let the good tines Troll.'

The Good Captain

Doesn't take a wizard to figure out where this thread is heading...