The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montegrappa Classica

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 7th Wave

7th Wave

Nibs are for Life not just Christmas

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 15:05

I only got this yesterday, but thought i'd do a quick review and some photo's...

First the Photo's...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Size comparison against a MB 147, Aurora Afrika, Visconti Ltd Ed Queen Elizabeth Anniversary ball pen
Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers

Mike

Posted Image

Nakaya Briarwood Deep Gloss

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 15:13

Very nice pen but one possible correction. That looks to be one of the second edition resin body pens instead of the first edition celluloid.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 7th Wave

7th Wave

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 16:57

@ Jar...I've just realised...it's made of stardust!!!! Actually, on a more serious note, it may be resin, i'll double check and post a correction; my knowledge of such things is still limited :thumbup:

Posted Image

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

#4 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 22:40

@ Jar...I've just realised...it's made of stardust!!!! Actually, on a more serious note, it may be resin, i'll double check and post a correction; my knowledge of such things is still limited :thumbup:

One way you can tell is by the cap band.

Posted Image

The older celluloid pens had a thinner cap band and it was mechanically engraved while the resin body pens have a wider cap band that is laser engraved.

But both the resin and celluloid models are beautiful. Here you can see a blue resin between charcoal and turquoise celluloid Classica pens.

Posted Image

My Website

#5 7th Wave

7th Wave

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:05

Very nice, yeah mine looks like a resin in that case. I have to say i'm very proud of it, it's everything I hope it would be and it's a real pleasure to hold and write with it. Thank you taking the pictures Jar and for taking the time to explain the difference.

Regards

Mike

Posted Image

#6 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 23:56

Very nice, yeah mine looks like a resin in that case. I have to say i'm very proud of it, it's everything I hope it would be and it's a real pleasure to hold and write with it. Thank you taking the pictures Jar and for taking the time to explain the difference.

Regards

Mike

Montegrappa does some of the prettiest resin finishes I know about.

My Website

#7 FrankvK

FrankvK

Fontoplumo.nl

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:27

great pen! enjoy using it
www.fontoplumo.nl