Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Mb 149 Obb Vs Lamy Safari 1,5
Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:23
it is not my intention to compare these two pens but as i like broad nib i think it may be interesting to see the difference between their respective nib.
I very often had difficulty to decide if it is better to buy a B / BB or BBB nib so when it is not possible to test it i always look at the web and try to find writing test but almost never find an answer. So today i just want to show that writting with an OBB nib is really easy, that it is not too broad at all and that it can be use every day.
The MB OBB nib give almost the same result as a Lamy safari 1,5 in terms of line but this is a totally different in terms of feeling. On one side you have a very nice pen with a terrific looking nib with some flex and on the other side a very simple nib scratchy without any flex.
Lamy is inked with Ambre de Birmanie de J. Herbin and the 149 with Montblanc "Je t'aime"
Hope this will be of interest.
Posted 14 November 2012 - 19:25
Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:21
Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:49
The pink red is Montblanc "Je t'aime" and the other one is Jean Herbin "Ambre de Birmanie".