The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mb 149 Obb Vs Lamy Safari 1,5

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fab75

Fab75

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:23

Hi

it is not my intention to compare these two pens but as i like broad nib i think it may be interesting to see the difference between their respective nib.
I very often had difficulty to decide if it is better to buy a B / BB or BBB nib so when it is not possible to test it i always look at the web and try to find writing test but almost never find an answer. So today i just want to show that writting with an OBB nib is really easy, that it is not too broad at all and that it can be use every day.
The MB OBB nib give almost the same result as a Lamy safari 1,5 in terms of line but this is a totally different in terms of feeling. On one side you have a very nice pen with a terrific looking nib with some flex and on the other side a very simple nib scratchy without any flex.

Lamy is inked with Ambre de Birmanie de J. Herbin and the 149 with Montblanc "Je t'aime"

Hope this will be of interest.

Fabrice

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 pmn

pmn

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 18:32

Interesting and beautiful!

#3 brunico

brunico

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 19:25

The Lamy shouldn't be scratchy - the corners should be rounded off. Like any italic nib, it needs a consistent pen hold. That said, the Montblanc nibs I've tried have been highly polished, though a little too slick for my taste.

#4 ravantra

ravantra

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:21

Nice. I guess I don't need a MB anymore. I will continue to use my Mont Lamy. Posted Image
Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

#5 celinemanau

celinemanau

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:35

What inks are these? They look really nice

#6 Fab75

Fab75

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:49

Hi,
The pink red is Montblanc "Je t'aime" and the other one is Jean Herbin "Ambre de Birmanie".
Cheers
Fab

Sponsored Content

|