Would You Like A Free Fully Restored Esterbrook Pen?

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• indigirl

• pajaro

• infinitum

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-33145-0-30818400-1353480172.jpg

Why I should be the Loaner-Outer of the Lovely Blue Estie:

1. My name Indigo matches it :bunny01:

2. I actually like going to the Post Office.

3. I only own one Estie & it has never worked... perhaps we could trade? Then one of you pen geeks can restore it & add it to the Loan Program...

4. I have been curious about Esties since Day 1 on FPN & have still never experienced one!

5. I love talking to strangers, even if only by mail.

:meow:

(sorry the scan is not so great) :hmm1:

I am prepared to answer the call for service to the loaner program.

I am living up in Canada and would be happy to coordinate sharing here in the great white north. I purchased an Estie from David and they are sweet pens...I sold it to a fellow pen lover for exactly what I paid as he loved it so much when I loaned it to him. In my hand it was scratchy and in his apparently delightfully smooth.... Also I am a leftie so if there is a nib added to the pen I would love to see a left handed writer friendly nib inserted.

Hmmmmm. What else can I say or contribute. I am a reliable fellow and share a passion for pens. Let me know if I am picked and maybe I can afford to purchase the pen and a few nibs so a Canadian loaner program with options could be up and underway.

Mags

Did I mention there is a very large Toronto Post Office on the main floor of my office building. So convenient with my future postal duties!

I would also like to take the Pen to the Toronto Pen meet up and try to place the pen each month as a loaner with a good home.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

I think it's a fabulous pen. I love the streakiness in the blue patterning.

I'm not already an Estie owner, and I don't think I have ever even seen or held one. I definitely haven't seen one as good looking as this.

My favourite colour is blue and I usually use blue ink so it will fit really well into my collection of pens. Also, I will be able to honestly tell my OH that I haven't bought another pen! So he won't be able to complain.

I will be happy to become a 'loaner outer' in the Estie loaner programme for at least 6 months as long as it can be in the UK. My OH is my nominated Post Office poster as I don't go out much.

I will try and edit this when I have hand written it and photographed it. :embarrassed_smile:

fpn_1353501351__20121121_0001.jpg

Yay that's my first go at using the Upload button. :thumbup:

My pen was purchased on here. It's a Bexley America the Beautiful with a stub nib, and it's currently filled with my September Goulet sample of Noodler's Liberty's Elysium ink. (I'm finding it a bit on the dry side)

Edited by Chrissy

My horse is such a good sport & kindly submitted to some mascara & lipstick, plus hairdo to match. So, edited:

post-33145-0-61648600-1353515572.jpg

She meant to say "thusly" but ran out of room in the speech bubble.

btw, in case you're wondering why I have a broken down Estie: my spouse was cleaning out her parents' basement & found it, along w/ some Parkers, all in sad condition. I got the Parkers to work with only soaking, but the Estie was beyond my very meager restoration abilities, so it's just been lying around looking pathetic for the last couple years. :unsure:

<Trigger's yellow ears PERK! and he swishes his multicolored tail at the beautiful blue horse with the bows and lipstick...>

2012-11-21_13-49-01_215.jpg

(Every couple years or so they commission some artists to paint fiberglass horse statues they then auction off. Some go to local businnesses to have out front, and some to local parks. There are 4 in our town square here. <A Blue one way in the background here over Trigger right rear.>)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

<Trigger's yellow ears PERK! and he swishes his multicolored tail at the beautiful blue horse with the bows and lipstick...>

Wow, can't get much more made-up than full body paint! :notworthy1:

Ocala is horse country. It's natural enough that they would be booming the horse. Love that colored one.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.