The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Nos Eversharps - Symphony?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WayTooManyHobbies

WayTooManyHobbies

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:49

This suprised me a bit, but I won an auction yesterday for 3 NOS Eversharp fountain pens. I think they are late-model Symphonys - I'm pretty excited, particularly as I missed out on a slipper cap Symphony just a few days ago.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I really think the Skylines are much more striking, but having more of those nibs will be wonderful!

Sponsored Content

#2 spotted and speckled

spotted and speckled

Miami, Florida

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2012 - 16:50

Whenever someone asks me what I think is the greatest "sleeper" pen, the Symphony is what I always say. It's a great pen.

Much Love--Virginia

#3 wekiva98

wekiva98

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 18:27

Looks like a pen styled to compete alongside the Sheaffer Valiant or maybe Saratoga, probably at a discount. The nibs are good-sized, though.

Edited by wekiva98, 13 November 2012 - 18:36.

#4 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

----------------------

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 21:22

I agree. Symphonies are complete sleeper pens. Not hugely sought after, and really great writers. Not to mention you got a spectacular deal on those. I was watching the auctions and should have bid on it, I was kicking myself once I saw the end result.
My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

#5 WayTooManyHobbies

WayTooManyHobbies

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:14

I was pretty surprised at the end price, too. I think the multiple pen bundles put people off because the potential price is so high - I almost didn't bid on this one.

I suspect that one of these pens will stay in my collection. The other two may become gifts or find their way into the classifieds.

Sponsored Content

|