Help Please Fountain Pen Colour

shocker

hi all

Please can someone offer me some advice. I am a male. I have bought a cross sauvage fine nib fountain pen in the moonstone blue colour with python print chrome top. I am worried now that this pale blue colour is a girls colour as somecreviews havevsaid its designed for a female. Any advicevor thoughts please

Thanks

post-94460-0-48917100-1352644162.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• humsin

• shocker

• stefanv

• ChrisTK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello friend. As i look the photo, it looks neutral to me. I could use it without thinking the "problem" you have. It is really beautiful.

Literally zero people ever are going to question your manliness because of a pen color.

This.

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

My first comment would be why do you care? The color reminds me of my light blue Talentum which I like and got at a great price.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Literally zero people ever are going to question your manliness because of a pen color.

I think this is a really good answer!

Looks very executive to me.

I don't think anyone would question you about the pen.

I think most people would be impressed with the fact you are using a fountain pen so I wouldn't worry about it.

"The Fountain Pen is an elegant weapon of a more civilized age"

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

PM me if you would like to exchange postcards.

Looks like a lady's pen to me from the colour, contour and pattern but hey, guys wear pink nowadays. No one's going to question it.

Pens are described as "ladies' pens" if they are not 3 feet long and shaped like the Graff Zeppelin. The pen you bought is beautiful, and I could see a man or a woman writing with it.

If it doesn't feel "right" to you, then it's not the right pen, and nothing anybody else says will make a difference.

I got my little Hero 329 back before Chinese pens were popular, and it didn't make any difference to me how many people turned their noses up at my choice. It's still one of my favorite pens.

When it's the right pen for you, it will call to you...its siren song will slip the credit card out of your wallet so quickly you won't know what happened....then again, and again, and again.

Good luck with whatever you decide!! thumbup.gif

We are here on earth to do good unto others. What the others are here for, I have no idea.

- W.H. Auden

A "man's" pen is any pen that is used by a man. A "woman's" pen is any pen used by a woman. There is probably a 99.999% overlap between the two. If you are using a pen that is pink with flowers painted all over it, and you are a man, then that pen in your hands is a "man's" pen.

Don't be so hung up about what other's think, for crying out loud. It is a pen. Use it because you like it or enjoy using it. End of story.

In the (incredibly unlikely) event that someone saw you using a particular pen and was sufficiently moronic to judge you according to his ideas about what pen you should use, would his opinion be so important to you that you stop using the pen? Are you really so weak as to be so easily swayed by other people's opinions? Do you have a mind of your own? What does it matter what other people think? If you like it, then it is ok to use it.

**wanders off into distance muttering to self about the state of the world, gender stereotyping and people's willingness to judge others, and worse, allow themselves to be judged by others who have no right to make judgements**

A pen reflects on a person. You are who you are, so why change your preferences. As long as the pen truly represents you, it is a good pen.

The pen I write with, is the pen I use to sign my name.

I woudn't worry, this pen is very nice and nobody will think that this is a "girlie" pen. I have a yellow and a white Omas 360 as well as a burgundy Montblanc 144 and didn't even think for a second that these pens were for women...

Best

Piero

It isn't exactly a manly color, but the fact that it's a FP overides the color. Most people will notice the fact that it's a FP before they notice the color. I prefer all my pens in black or chrome but that's just me.

The shape of the body would be more of a concern to me and the style of the cap. It looks very feminine to me. None the less if you like the pen then that is all that matters.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Hmm - I've seen "greys" that colour and yes they were called grey, window grey, squirrel grey etc. It's a great looking pen. Macho men wear pink ya' know so why can't you use a greyish-bluish looking fountain pen? The only thing that truly matters is if you like the pen and obviously you do, you bought it. Now if I really want to get technically - in the age when I was a wee tyke, blue of any shade was for boys and pink, of any shade, was for girls. I would hope after 60 some odd years we've progressed beyond such stereotypical ideas.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open." James Dewar

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

The pen looks fine to me. As my daughter says, 'whatever floats your Cherios'. For example, just because I'm using a white marbled Duofold doesn't say that I'm an MD in a hospital. I have an old 1950's vintage Gilette razor that many consider a 'ladies shaver'. It happens to work wonderfully for my lighter beard. Use what works best for you.

Life is for the Birds

Doesn't look like a girl's pen to me. In fact, I wore a necktie almost that exact same color, just a couple of days ago.

But if you worry that someone might think it's a girl's pen, then replace it. Sell it and get yourself a pen with which you'll be more comfortable. Problem solved. Otherwise, one of these days, you're going to be using that pen, and someone will comment on it being a feminine color, and it'll ruin your day, and as a result you'll blow your important job interview, and who needs that, eh?

Ah, just out of curiosity, do you normally fill that pen with bubblegum pink ink, and dot your "i"'s with hearts? 'Cause that's pretty girly.

--

Michael