The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

S.t. Dupont Second Empire

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2012 - 20:07

Posted Image

This is the most amazing pen I have ever held. It's huge, the term "oversize" is really accurate, as it literally dwarves a 149. Its style is heavy, but the pen isn't (too) heavy.

The craftmanship is astounding. Sculpture, lacquering, reference to a classic style, everything is so wow. I made lots of pictures that will describe this pen better than a thousand words.

The other pictures are here

And here goes the writing sample:

Posted Image

P.S. I understand the style will not be to everybody's taste. Extremely negative comments (as it happened with the Visconti Forbidden City) aren't necessary. Thanks.

Edited by olivier78860, 07 November 2012 - 20:16.

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2012 - 00:45

This pen's design follows the Empire style that predominated the luxury goods in Paris when the S.T. Dupont company was founded in 1872. The design is an hommage to S.T. Dupont's historic roots. The Empire style is ornate, heavily decorated, and at the high end more that a bit over the top ostentatious; therefore, the pen necessarily shares these characteristics. However, whether or not one likes the Empire style, I think this pen can be appreciated for it's craftsmanship and faithful execution of the style.

Despite generally prefering simpler designs, I actually like this pen (though it's beyond my current budget).

#3 picautomaton

picautomaton

picautomaton

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:10

Wow that looks like a very special pen I could imagine a king using a pen like this. May I ask what that silver thing is under the number plate cover.
"One Ink-drop on a solitary thought hath moved the minds of millions" - P R Spencer

#4 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:43

It's a rollerball section. You can use this pen as a fountain pen or as a rollerball, depending on your taste.

Posted Image

#5 picautomaton

picautomaton

picautomaton

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:52

Thank you for the reply - enjoy!
"One Ink-drop on a solitary thought hath moved the minds of millions" - P R Spencer

#6 olivier78860

olivier78860

Dura Flex, Sed Flex

• Member - Gold

• 1,433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:57

Thanks for the nice comments!
Actually this pen is a bit intimidating, it's still in the box, and I am not sure I am going to use it. I'm pondering about buying a little glass cover and make it throne on my desk. On my left. Because they say your weapon, in case of a zombie apocalypse, will be the first item on your left, and at the moment it's a book. I know the quill is stronger than the sword, but it might not apply to zombies ;)

Posted Image

#7 ajk251

ajk251

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:46

Hooollly er...ah...cow! That is an incredible pen!

#8 dragon2java

dragon2java

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2012 - 20:20

Oh, my.... :notworthy1: I LOVE it, despite/because of the ornamentation! Definitely not a daily use item, but what amazing craftsmanship. I hope you take her out for a spin from time to time....
"Ua mau ke ea o ka aina i ka pono"

#9 archie001

archie001

-architecture & planning is my art-

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 20:01

very nice pen! i'd love to have one in my collection, congratz!
Fountain Pen is for people who have a delicate taste in writing

Pens Actively In Use
MB 149-f; MB Solitaire SS (FP-ef,BP,MP)
MB (LE) G.B.Shaw (FP-m,BP,MP); MB LeGrand (RB,BP,MP)
Parker Duofold Presidential Esparto sol.SS (FP-f, BP)
Parker Duofold PS SS (FP-f, RB)
Parker Doufold Marbled Green (FP-f,BP,MP)
Parker Duofold Marbled Gray (FP-xf)
S.T. Dupont Orpheo XL Platinum Diamond Head (FP-m)
S.T. Dupont Orpheo XL Platinum/ChinLacquer Black (FP-f)

Sponsored Content

|