Do You Like The Pelikan Mxxx(X) Ink Window?

daTomoT

115 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Pelikan Mxxx(x) Ink Window Transparent Enough For You?

• Yes, I can see my ink clearly.
    • I have to hold it up to the light, but I don't mind.
    • It's a little too dark for my liking.
    • I can barely see what I have left!

Hi all,

I've been thinking recently that I'm often struggling to see how much ink is left in my Pelikan M200. The ink window I find quite translucent. I understand that it is meant to be discreet, but I find myself struggling and waving my pen around in the air to find the best light source. Especially compared to my Serwex 162, which I can plainly view the ink in.

Do you like the Pelikan ink windows?

~daT.

Please check out my blog, datbookreviews, for all Fiction and Fantasy book reviews!

Now with Increasing Fountain Pen Related Posts!

Pelikan M200, Hero 608, Parker IM, Serwex 162, Manuscript Calligraphy Pen, Lamy Vista, Guanleming 956, Mabie Todd 200/60, Noodler's Konrad. Grail Pen: Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daTomoT

• Kublai Khan

• Bo Bo Olson

• Monbla

I have to hold the pen to the light having 400NN & M400.

I have others with that problem.

I have also pens with clear ink windows.....and some real old ones...so badly stained, I have to do a slosh test. :rolleyes:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Modern Pelikans:

I prefer the striped ones, I can see the ink level better and easier in them.

The solid colored ones with the short greenish ink view window are useless for me. The only exception to this is the M101N with a long ink view window...

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I prefer pens with a discreet ink window or one that is integrated in the body (as with the striated Pelikans) to the look of, for instance, the M205.

I consider it a feature that the window is so dark that you have to hold it to a light source in order to see the ink level - it makes for a more elegant pen, I think. On my M215, for instance, the ink window is completely invisible in normal lighting.

I have a vintage 120, and a bunch of modern Pelikans with stripes and solids. No problem for me, in fact I've never even noticed or thought about it. :hmm1:

Qui me amat, amat et canem meum

It seems the pet dislike is mine only!

Please check out my blog, datbookreviews, for all Fiction and Fantasy book reviews!

Pelikan M200, Hero 608, Parker IM, Serwex 162, Manuscript Calligraphy Pen, Lamy Vista, Guanleming 956, Mabie Todd 200/60, Noodler's Konrad. Grail Pen: Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian.

The idea I'd guess of the view through full stripped pen was to add a bit of class, that the ink window took away...ink windows being so common in Germany.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

"Do you like the Pelikan ink windows?"

Yo.... .No Problemo..

Fred

Happiness is the perpetual possesion of being well deceived..

~ J. Swift ~

Hi all,

I've been thinking recently that I'm often struggling to see how much ink is left in my Pelikan M200. The ink window I find quite translucent. I understand that it is meant to be discreet, but I find myself struggling and waving my pen around in the air to find the best light source. Especially compared to my Serwex 162, which I can plainly view the ink in.

Do you like the Pelikan ink windows?

~daT.

I like some of the Pelikan's ink windows. The green (M200) and lite gray (M205) ink windows are fine for me, but the dark gray ink window on my M215 just drives me crazy. I walk around the room looking for the brightest light to place behind the pen and even then it's hard to see. That's one of the reasons I don't often use my Pelikans.

You're not alone!

Nimmireth

I hate ink windows

All ink windows? They are pretty useful..

I hate ink windows

All ink windows? They are pretty useful..

I am offended by a whole section of the body being clear or of another tint. That being said, I am excluding ones that fit into the design like slits on the L2K and 149.

The pen I write with, is the pen I use to sign my name.

Seems pretty balanced still.

With my 200 I have to hold it nib up for a couple of minutes for the ink to settle unless it is running really low.

My striated 800 is almost impossible to see.

Having said that while I find it handy to see how much ink is in a pen I'm not overly bothered about it running out as I always carry more than one so just change pens then refill when I get home.

Dick D