The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mb 149 18K / Mb 149 18C / Mb 146 14C

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fab75

Fab75

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:18

Hi Guys,

Following my previous post on a MB 149 with a 18C nib, i finally bought it thanks to your advice. i just got it today and i'm very happy with it.

I have attached a small writing test with a 149 18K M and the new 149 18C B nib + my old 146 with a 14C M nib.
In the comparison to the 18K nib, the 18C is smooth and show some flexibility but less than my 146 as you can see on the pict.
Pleasure is there with the three pens but even with my small hands the 149 suits me better, this is the right size for me, my preference is now going to large pen and i will try again the Delta Roma Imperial soon.

Hope you enjoy.
All best
Fab

Attached Images

• P1040059.jpg
  • P1040058.jpg
  • P1040050.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:19

Beatiful pen and even more beautiful nibs.
Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

#3 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 22:06

congrats on your vintage 149 :thumbup:
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#4 GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 20:56

Wonderful! Love the comparison and the pictures! :thumbup:

Edited to say I am surprised how very close the M nib and the B nib are in lettering size! Interesting!

Edited by GardenWeasel, 11 December 2012 - 20:58.

Posted Image

#5 tandaina

tandaina

Vintage

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:05

Yes, very similar in size. The B looks wetter, the ink is much darker in color. But the size really isn't that different. Huh.

Both beautiful pens! If you really don't like that icky old 146 I bet I could find a use for it. You just let me know. ;)

Sponsored Content

|