The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Pre-Richemont Era Celluloid Montegrappa Classica In Turquoise

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2012 - 23:13

Pre-Richemont Montegrappa Classica in Turquoise Blue Celluloid

The Classica series was introduced in 1999 just before Richemont bought a controlling interest in Montegrappa. The first edition was celluloid and Sterling silver and continued into the Richemont ownership era. This one was made before the ownership change indicated by the "1055 VI" guild stamp on the Sterling silver parts.

Here are the boring details about the pen:

Boring Details:

Length closed: 138mm
Body and nib: 130mm
Posted: 153mm
Weight: 20.4g

Italian pens like Italian cars simply exude "stilo", and this pen is no exception. It balances well posted or un-posted, the 18K nib which is on the fine end of medium is smooth and responsive with just the right amount of feedback. The lines are smooth with no abrupt changes and the celluloid section is slightly concave to fit and position your fingers.

Posted Image

The second series of Classica pens used resin as a base instead of the celluloid but it is really well done almost MOP like resin.

Posted Image

From top to bottom:the Turquoise Celluloid Classica, a later Blue Resin and a Richemont era Charcoal Celluloid

Posted Image

The Classica is a cartridge/converter pen design and on the celluloid versions a blind cap at the end of the body can be removed to operate the converter. Of course you can also unscrew the section conventionally.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like every Montegrappa pen I've tried it is simply a joy to use, reliable, beautiful yet conservative, an understated Italian design with flair and "eleganza".

Posted Image

Edited by jar, 19 October 2012 - 00:42.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Sponsored Content

#2 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 21:50