New Omas Ogiva Celluloid...

colex

As a precautionary measure, I also often choose ink colours that match the pen, in order to minimize the visibility of stains (if any). So far I've been lucky - the only staining I've had was an ink window that was cleaned/fixed/replaced by the manufacturer when I later sent the pen in for filler repairs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eric47

• colex

• mongrelnomad

• ArchiMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've filled the Lucens with Montblanc Diamond blue ink. It's quite unsaturated and seems relatively well behaved. Fingers crossed, I guess.

I was going to ink it with Aurora black or Herbin Perle Noire, but I have too many black-inked pens on the go. Maybe in the next rotation.

Too many pens; too little writing.

Diamine Sapphire blue in my WIlde - so far so good - and fabulous nib!

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Deirdre, you have to hold the Autunno to see the beauty! Similarly the Saft Green, which I thought would be my least favourite, but is far from that!

I have held them; they are not "me" colors.

The blue lucens is probably the closest to a "me" pen from Omas.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a weak-willed individual. My scarlet (EF nib) is on its way.

A fool and his money are soon parted: Montegrappa 300, Waterman Expert II, Omas Ogiva Autunno, Omas 555/S, Omas 557/S, Omas Ogiva Scarlet, Waterman Patrician Agate, Montblanc 144 (lost :(), Omas Ogiva Arco Brown (flex), Omas 360 Arco Brown, Delta Sevivon (stub), Montblanc 146 (1950s), Omas 360 Grey (stub), Omas 360 Wild (stub), Swan M2

My Black Lucens arrived.

What a Stunning Pen.

That Lucens is very nice, makes me want that Extra-Flessible nib!

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

My Black Lucens arrived.

What a Stunning Pen.

Congratulations.

Funny thing happened over the weekend. I was rethinking my decision to forgo the Black Lucens Ogiva because I don't own a pen in that celluloid. Then one of my usual sellers happened to have a Lucens LE (sans box and papers) at a fraction of what it originally cost and still less than the Ogiva LE. I don't mind not having the box because they're freaking huge. And I actually prefer the more "flat top" Lucens to the Ogiva, be for modern or vintage pens. So I consider that celluloid as "done" in my collection.

The only problem however was that the cap rings were a bit thrashed. The rhodium plating was damaged in places by green crud (aka oxidation) that emerged from the underlying metal. (Long suffering Omas owners will know the phenomenon well.) Not a huge problem however, I gave it my restorer who will redo those. :) While cap ring work is something I usually something I have done on vintage pens, the only modern pens that have required his services have been Omases. :(

Edited by eric47

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

My Black Lucens arrived.

What a Stunning Pen.

Congratulations.

Funny thing happened over the weekend. I was rethinking my decision to forgo the Black Lucens Ogiva because I don't own a pen in that celluloid. Then one of my usual sellers happened to have a Lucens LE (sans box and papers) at a fraction of what it originally cost and still less than the Ogiva LE. I don't mind not having the box because they're freaking huge. And I actually prefer the more "flat top" Lucens to the Ogiva, be for modern or vintage pens. So I consider that celluloid as "done" in my collection.

The only problem however was that the cap rings were a bit thrashed. The rhodium plating was damaged in places by green crud (aka oxidation) that emerged from the underlying metal. (Long suffering Omas owners will know the phenomenon well.) Not a huge problem however, I gave it my restorer who will redo those. :) While cap ring work is something I usually something I have done on vintage pens, the only modern pens that have required his services have been Omases. :(

+1 for Paragon Lucens :thumbup:

I prefer to wait for the new LE Omas Paragon Extra Lucens ready for launch in march of 2013 :notworthy1: (Omas secret source)

pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks: Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

I prefer to wait for the new LE Omas Paragon Extra Lucens ready for launch in march of 2013 :notworthy1: (Omas secret source)

But I didn't get the faceted Extra Lucens LE, I got the round Lucens LE. :rolleyes: For the price, I'm not complaining. :roflmho:

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

But I didn't get the faceted Extra Lucens LE, I got the round Lucens LE. :rolleyes: For the price, I'm not complaining. :roflmho:

You're a LUCKY :ph34r: man!

pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks: Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

You're a LUCKY :ph34r: man!

I admit, I wasn't expecting to see it, let alone at the price I paid. I'll still be way ahead even after getting the rings redone. LOL, and they'll be better than the original. :D

Oh by the way, the original LE Extra Lucens, even though it's a piston filler, was based on the senior size vintage faceted Extra Lucens. So like the vintage pen there is no "step" in the barrel, and it matches closely the dimensions of the vintage pen. So it's actually shorter (and slightly smaller in diameter) than a modern celluloid Paragon. It's actually shorter than the Galileo, which is shorter than other celluloid Paragons.

Edited by eric47

[i admit, I wasn't expecting to see it, let alone at the price I paid. I'll still be way ahead even after getting the rings redone. LOL, and they'll be better than the original. :D

Oh by the way, the original LE Extra Lucens, even though it's a piston filler, was based on the senior size vintage faceted Extra Lucens. So like the vintage pen there is no "step" in the barrel, and it matches closely the dimensions of the vintage pen. So it's actually shorter (and slightly smaller in diameter) than a modern celluloid Paragon. It's actually shorter than the Galileo, which is shorter than other celluloid Paragons.

I know what you mean... But the lenght is the same!

http://i.imgur.com/MWiUc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x7u3Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o91As.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uJSye.jpg

Edited by colex

I know what you mean... But the lenght is the same!

The length of the Lucens LE and Extra Lucens LE are the same. But they're both shorter than a modern celluloid Paragon and a Galileo.* Actually they're shorter than even a vintage (late 1950-early 1960s) Gentleman or even a 1950s 557/F.

*even in your photo pen n.3 (modern celluloid Paragon) is longer than n.1 (Extra Lucens LE) and n.2 (Lucens LE).

Edited by eric47

Oh my, that is even better! I hope its the old style LE.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

It should be, those are they only pens Omas seems be selling in quantity these days. :roflmho:

It should be, those are they only pens Omas seems be selling in quantity these days. :roflmho:

The market is sending OMAS a strongly worded message about their 2005 through 2007 redesign.