The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Review : Daniel Hechter 1970S

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BloodyCactus

BloodyCactus

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:55

Scored a nice looking Daniel Hechter FP from ebay, it supposedly is a 1970s vintage but there seems to be no model name on the pen I can see.

The pen is a gunmetal barrel/cap with some gold adornments, and a nasty plastic red section. The nib is a two tone gold plated in F. The lid has a very pronounced snap click on/off. The clip is not sprung, its just.. there. stiff.

The heft of the pen is beautiful, its got a real nice weight to it, so I assume its a brass pen. The cheap section REALL lets the pen down its very very thin and light which is very odd in comparison to the rest of the pen. I believe it takes an monteverde international style push to fit converter. The supplied converter works just fine, feels a bit flimsy in the twisty handle.

The nib is really nice and smooth. Its a taaaad thicker than a Lamy EF but a slight margin, I'd wager it thinner than a Lamy F tho but didnt test it out. Its not a flex, but it is not near as stiff as a Lamy steel nib.

Nice, solid, good looking pen.

little test writing review, page 1
Posted Image

comparison to lamy in EF
Posted Image

a close up or two
Posted Image
Posted Image

the pen itself
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
-- Stu -- Life in the Blue Ridge of VA is awesome! --

Sponsored Content

#2 branodncooley92

branodncooley92

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:09

Looks like a really nice pen

#3 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:27

I love the funky nib design! Thanks for sharing with us
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

#4 reval

reval

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2012 - 16:37

I have a Daniel Hechter suit. I didn't know they also made/commisioned fountain pens.

Sponsored Content

|